The Most Vivid of Colors

One by foe, one by friend, and one by family. Some dumb prophecy that Klaus had told me about. In all honesty, I hardly believed it. A random prophecy out of the blue foreshadowing the death of every original? Klaus seemed rather worried about it, though.

"What... the fuck," I mumbled as I glanced at the little blue dress that sat, hanging in my closet. Who had been in my house? I don't own that fucking dress. And I know for sure it wasn't there yesterday, I'd spent yesterday cleaning it out. There was just no way I missed an entire dress that was in the middle of my closet.

I pulled it out of the closet, holding it at an arm's distance. What's it gonna do Emma, attack you?

I placed down the dress and studied it under my gaze. It was... jaw-droppingly gorgeous. It was right around the bust and waist, with little spaghetti straps holding it against my body. From there, it fell like a waterfall, almost sweeping against the ground. The slit went a little further than mid thigh. I decided right then and there, my boobs would look incredible in this dress.

I found a small mask on the inside. It was rather beautiful, a pure white with black accents across the top. It was gorgeous, not to mention the way It shined, and how soft it was. I stopped looking at it, though, when a small black envelope caught my attention. I scrambled to grab it, hoping for an explanation as to why someone had broken into my house.

The envelope was obviously expensive, and seemed to be made of satin. It was smooth and shiny to the touch. I opened the card and was immediately greeted by small, elegant calligraphy. I had to bend closer to the card in able to ready it.

𝑴𝒔. 𝑬𝒎𝒎𝒂 𝑩𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏,

𝑾𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒍𝒂, 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒂. 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑬𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆, 𝒂𝒕 9:00 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒑.

𝑾𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆,
-𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒙

It was as if a lightbulb went off in my head when I realized why I recognized "The Strix." Sophie Devereux had mentioned them when she was telling me about my family. They'd hunted me as a child.

Perhaps they wished me harm? But that didn't make sense. Why would they find my house and invite me to a party? If they wanted me dead, I'd most definitely be dead. But I'm not. So perhaps... If I were to go-

No.

Why would I ever do that? Go to some random house, with some huge organization I don't know, who wants me for unknown? Thats a suicide mission. Such a 'Klaus' thing to do. That's a stupid, reckless, and idiotic thing to do.

________

When I entered the gates of the Davilla estate, I was awestruck at the scene. Some rather horrible music played from the speakers, but nonetheless, the place was extravagant. Lights illuminated dancers who swayed to the music as if they were one with it. Exquisitely dress maids and butlers walked around, sparking champagne on their polished silver platters. Large, sparkling lights glistened down every piece of wood on the wall, illuminating the room in a glorious haze of gold.