Little Red Dress

OKAY THERE MIGHT BE A TEENY WEENY EENY BIT OF *sexy time* IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Not a lot I swear. GRACE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER OR ILL TWLL AUNTIE NAE****** NO SEIRSOILT DONT DO ANYTHING

No. To answer your question, he didn't say it back. The ride back to the compound, which he insisted I spent the night in, would have been incredibly awkward had I not basically passed out from exhaustion.

A week had passed with me sitting alone in the Mikaelson house. I was human, after all. My schedule was a bit of the same. Wake up, shower, do my makeup and get dressed solely to stay inside. Then I'd called Bonnie, Caroline, or Cami for a few hours. Then they'd hang up, after a while. Hayley and I would motion wildly at each other, as her house was facing in on my room. After that I'd listen to music, and overthink everything. Was Aurora going to kill me? How much was it going to hurt when I changed back into a vampire? Did Klaus love me, too? Or should I never have said that.

After my overthinking, I'd order food. Then Klaus, who was completely ignoring me otherwise, would refuse to let me answer the door. And the moment he dropped whatever I'd ordered on the counter, he'd walk back upstairs to do whatever he does. Then I'd eat and watch TV. It was beginning to feel a bit like a prison, and not a safe haven.

Perhaps the thing that annoyed me most was all the Christmas decorations and music. With Christmas fast approaching, my mood only worsened. I'd always despised Christmas. Childhood trauma, and what not. Just the Emma Bertan usual.

The help, who really only walked around to cut her hands and feed Klaus and Elijah, had become my friend. She never spoke back to me. I knew she wasn't mute, I'd hear her singing to herself while she hung the occasional ornament. So I spent a large chunk of mg time following her around the house as she worked, blabbing about whatever was happening in my life. She'd nod sometimes, and she always seemed glad to listen, which was enough to me. She'd only spoken to me once,"

"Okay, so you said you worked one job other than this," I spoke as she brought the knife towards her hand. She nodded and smiled. "So what? Are you a drag queen? You're very pretty- are you a stripper? Is that right? Half stripper half human blood bag?"

She shook her head.

I groaned and slammed my head onto the table I sat at, "You're making this very hard for me," I whined, "Are you a feminist? Theres only one right answer,"

"Yes, I am," Klaus' voice replied as he walked my way, sitting across from me. He studied my annoyed face for a moment, and mused, "You seem better,"

"No. I'm worse. I'm dying of boredom," I responded with a groan, "I'm lacking vitamin C- wait no that's the milk vitamin- I think it's vitamin D? Yeah. Vitamin D,"

"Maybe you could study up on the different types of vitamins in the world," He responded, a smile across his face. So are we just gonna pretend I didn't say I love you?

"Sounds fascinating," I sighed, my head killing to the side, "What's up with the Rebekah situation? Have we found her?"

"Elijah left to retrieve her body this morning, actually," he responded as he took the glass of blood from Mrs. Help, who walked away moments later.

"Why didn't you go with him?"

He hesitated, bringing the glass of blood up to him lips, throwing his head back and finishing it in a few gulps, eventually speaking, "It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces," He explained, "Given that the prophecy foretells one family member felling another,"

"Elijah wouldn't hurt you," I said with my eyebrows furrowed, "Do you really think he'd hurt you?"

He looked confused, and perhaps, a bit scared. "I don't know what to think," He responded, a crestfallen glint in his ocean eyes. He sat forward, sounding a bit angry, now, "That damn fortune teller's tales continue to unfold despite all our efforts,"