18: The first meeting

The problem was Wei Ying just didn't think about what boulder it was he sat on, and what it represented to the GusuLan sect. This was the sight one of the ancestors had been last seen by the sect before he had vanished in a beam of pure white light. And ever since then, only those of the sect had been able to reach meditation while sitting there. For every day of their married life, both Lan Zhan and he would sit here and do their daily meditation together, if they were in the Cloud Recesses.

XiChen and his uncle watch Wei Ying training until he went over to rock and began his meditation. To both their surprise, Wei Ying went straight into a deep meditation and then within a heartbeat seemed to give off intense waves of calming yang energy.

XiChen indicated for them to leave quietly and when they were far enough away he stopped and looked at his uncle. 'That is definitely Wei WuXian but did you feel it?'

'How could I not ... but ...'

'Yes. He is only seventeen and yet he is giving off that much?' he looked back towards Wei Ying in the distance. 'Not to mention the place he managed to do it on.' Was this something to do with what Jaing Chang had told him about Wei Ying? How can an outsider reach deep meditation on that boulder? 'Uncle I need to tell you something Sect Heir Jiang Cheng came and told me.' He walked his uncle away and told him everything he had been informed of.

'So this boy may not even be the real Wei WuXian?'

'No Jiang FengMian had him tested under a drug, he had Lan JinLi preform empathy, so he is the real Wei WuXian, also the scars are proof that he is Wei WuXian .... Just his character is totally changed .... Some of those moves he used had a distinct GusuLan Sect look about them but there were also some from the Wen's, the Jiang's, the Nie's, the Jin's .... Like he has taken the best parts of each and after combining them, he refined them into a new style.'

'No one his age can do something like that. It would take a life time to come up with a new style.'

'I know.'

That evening Wei Ying and Lan Zhan's first meeting was on top of the roof as he returned with his two pots of emperors' smile and just sat up there looking at Lan Zhan as the man ... stood there glaring at him.

'Good evening. Lovely night you have for moon gazing ... it is the most beautiful moon this night, is it not HanGuang-Jun.'

Lan Zhan glared at the boy who broke the rules with a smile on his lips. 'You ... break rules.'

'What? What rules have I broken?' he grinned as he sat on the top of the roof, removed the cover of one pot and tipped some of the liquor into his mouth. Knowing all the while Lan Zhan was ready to yell at him for the act. 'Please don't say I'm not allowed to look at something so beautiful?' Yes, he still loved to tease the beautiful man.

'Insolent.'

'Who is insolent? I just couldn't sleep so went and got myself some of this amazing emperor's smile.' He held out one to show the Jade Beauty. God, he is as beautiful as I remembered. Take a breath and keep to the script or you might just jump him.

'You break curfew ...'

'Wait, what? What curfew?' he tilted his head with an utterly innocent look.

'Room at eight, sleep by nine.'

'But that's way too early for anyone over the age of ten ... however...' he stopped Lan Zhan saying anything. 'If this is the case, and it is very much after nine, why are you not tucked up in your bed sleeping like the Jade Beauty you are?'