48: Wei Ying gives Lan Zhan his gift

Not long after everyone went their own way, four people walked up into the Cloud Recesses hall the juniors were taken away by Lan Sect members for a meal and to spread the news, which left Wei Ying and Lan Zhan standing there; even the guards knew to leave them alone.

'Lan Zhan ... I understand that you are incredibly upset at what was done with Zidian before I woke up ... But since then, I give you my word, our relationship has improved until I began to call her Auntie Yu.'

'Don't say.'

'Okay.' He wrapped is arms around Lan Zhan's neck until an idea came to him. 'Will you wait here for me ... I just want to get something for you?'

'Come with.'

'No, this is a gift and if you see me getting them ... it will not be a surprise.'

'You.' He called to one of the guards. 'Go with, protect.'

'Y.y.yes HanGuang-Jun.' he bowed then looked at Wei Ying. 'I will come with you Wei WuXian.'

'Okay.' He gave Lan Zhan a quick, soft kiss with a smile to reassure him. 'I promise this will only take a few minutes.'

'I wait.'

'Oh you have slipped into that short sentence structure and I understand why. I will be right back.' Wei Ying raced, with his protections shadow, out of the Cloud Recesses and moved to the same place as before and almost instantly found just what he was looking for. One black, one white. He was ready for a chace but the pair just sat there looking at him before they hopped over to him.

Wei Ying looked at the two bunnies in surprise.

'Well .... That was easier than the last time.' Wei Ying lifted both bunnies up and smiled. 'Hello, you are both going to be gifts for my Zhan. He is very gentle and incredibly sweet. He will really love you very much.' He quickly placed a small kiss on each head and then slipped them into his robe. 'Okay, we can go back now.'

'No pets are permitted ...'

'Please trust me.'

'I'm not saying you can not take them and give them to HanGuang-Jun, but they will have to stay in the newly listed area in the back hills.'

'Listed area?' This is new, last time Lan Zhan had to hide them from his uncle until well after they had started their ninth generations from what he told me.

'There is an area that is filled with cherry trees, lush green grass and ...'

'A small lake that cuts across it.'

'Yes, I see that you already know the area?'

'Yes ... I do know the spot.'

They both raced back then without a single word Wei Ying took Lan Zhan's hand and lead him into the back hills to the newly listed area.

'Sit down Zhan.' Wei Ying waited until he was sitting under the cherry tree even as pretty pink petals drifted down. 'I wanted to give you something I know you love dearly. And they love you also.'

'Love me ... only need you.' He frowned until Wei Ying reached into his robes and pulled out two small balls of fluffiness ... he felt his ears heat up a little. Cute. Cute. Cute. He reached out and took the pure black bunny with a soft smile. 'Mine?'

'Yes, they are both yours.' He placed the white bunny in his arms also then watched as Lan Zhan petted both bunnies for a while in utter bliss until he placed them on the grass only to pull him into his lap and stroked his hair.