33: Wei Ying found sleepwalking

It just happened that this night Lan XiChen, Lan Zhan and Master Lan were meeting on the path during their rounds and stopped talking and watched as a blank eyes Wei Ying walked fast past them without even looking at or acknowledging them. He just put one foot in front of the other in a steady pace; his sword still dragging on the ground it was so low.

Lan Zhan felt his ear tips heat up at the sight of Wei Ying in just his red and black underclothes. 'Wei ...' he unintentionally reached out towards the man.

'WangJi, don't ... he is not awake.' XiChen said softly as he watched Wei WuXian's lips moving.

'Sleep walk?'

'Yes.'

'Where is this kid going? You two stay here, I will find out what he is up too.' Master Lan said to his two nephews but he noted XiChen took WangJi's hand and pulled him along and they followed anyway.

The three Lan members followed without stoping Wei Ying, even when he walked up to and entered the secluded area that not only held the cold pool but so many other areas. Some of which even the three following didn't even know of.

'How?' WangJi frowned as the visiting cultivator just walked past one of the best ward like it was not even there.

'I have no idea, we three are the only ones with access all the time and the rest are banned after hours, and I know none of us gave him our pass.' XiChen said even though he felt like smiling.

'Maybe that ghosting he mentioned.'

'Have either of you noted that Wei WuXian has not stumbled or tripped on any of the rocks on his path.'

'Mnm.'

'It is a little suspicious that he can do this?'

'Uncle, he is doing it while sleep walking.' XiChen noted the utter worry that filled his baby brothers' eyes.

They followed Wei Ying as he walked down the path to pass the cold pool and over the small wooden bridge only to stop in the middle of the bridge and turn to the pool. He raised his hands and gave a respectful bow. 'Ancestor Li ... protect for a while longer.' Then he turned and went on his way.

The three followers stopped dead at his actions and words.

'How did he know about Ancestor Li?' Master Lan asked in a dark voice.

'....' Lan Zhan didn't bother trying to answer, just followed Wei Ying. It had only been last year that he had heard his brother talking about Ancestor Li and the ice cave.

Wei Ying walked along a narrow winding path that led up a slight incline and along a short ravine, then took an even narrower path that almost vanished with the bamboo starting to over grow it. He walked towards the wall covered in vines then made a single air born talisman in GusuLan blue and used his spiritual energy to push it into the rock wall. When the light sunk deep into the rock it seemed to vanish slowly until there was a large entrance into a cave.

'What? That was our key ... no one but us knows it. He used our key to ... open a hidden cave?' XiChen frowned deeply. 'But that is impossible ... I don't understand.'

'WangJi ...' Master Lan glared at him.

'I did not teach him this and as you know, this takes years to perfect ... I have not spoken to him about anything other than classes since that day. He knew this key in his sleep .... Like ....'

'Like?' XiChen stepped towards him.

'Like he is one of us ....'

'Don't talk such rot young man. Remember ...'