Chapter 1

You are one of youngest aurors - working for ministry of magic, but because of a tiny problem you happend to cause you were currently sent to work as a guard in Azkaban itself to learn from your mistakes, the whole place is so depressive and energy-draining but you know you are not going to stay here long... eventually you might be back at ministry - in your office in a month or so...well in case you will obey all the rules and don't cause any more trouble.

...

It is barely few days since you ended working as one of guards in Azkaban, and yet you did not spoke even single word with anybody..
Yes, there is few other aurors who "need to pay for their mistakes" just as you do - by working here, but none of them seems somehow friendly nor in need of talk, so you are spending most of your free time alone. Mostly... just because demontors are not the best choice of friends and of course, you can't talk with prisoners either.
The best way how to spend time is reading books, but it is so dark here your only chance is to use Lumos all the time, and it is not somehow easy to hold both your wand and book at once... So you would usually just wander around prison or spend time in your room, which does not really differ from a regular cell...

...

One day, while walking around the highest of floors and checking on prisoners you hear a crack and man's screem follows, it is nothing demontors or other guards would care about, screaming is one of the most common things you can hear there, but you still have the need to investigate a little. As you rush to direction of the sound, you grab on to your wand and get ready for anything what might happen. Soon enough - at the end of corridor you see a man in one of the cells, he wears usuall prison robe just as everybody else, the only thing standing out is platinum hair covering his face and his bloody hand which he is holding close to body - obviously in pain.
The sound you could hear before was probably result of his attempt to break the wall by hitting in to it... But It failed.. Of course...

You did not saw him before, he must be the newly imprisoned wizard - so you will just decide to take a closer look at him, but before you can reach his cell a dementor "steps" in front of you and you instinctively back off...
"Why would not they want me to get any closer..? I mean... So far nobody had problems with me getting close to prisoner's cells.. It is my work after all..."
You would just shake your head "nevermind, just few more weeks and I might get out of here."

...

As you were sitting in you room you could not stop thinking about the wizard from before, it is not like you would know him or something, but it was all just so strange! Dementors never even looked at you and now they were keeping you away from especially this one cell... You were sure there is something behind this, but you could not figure out what might it be.. Actually... They can't keep you away from his cell forever, can they?

**Time skip - about 3 hours later - night**

As you slowly walked back in to the highest floor of Azkaban prison and got a little closer to said cell, you could see the platinum-haired wizard at the exactly same spot where he was before, he was just standing in middle of the room, staring in to wall while resting the injured hand on his chest.
There were no dementors nearby and you could be sure they even won't be... Well as long as somebody won't start screaming or laughing hysteriacally - just as the prisoners often did.
You desperatedly wanted to see his face, just to find out if you know him, but you could not enter his cell so all you could do was hoping he will turn his head your side. You paused few meters in front of him - keeping your distance and waited if he will notice your presence.
Nothing... He did not looked at you nor moved an inch so you decied to be the first one to talk.
"Who are you..?" You questioned dully. But still did not got even a single reaction...
"Your hand.. It is still bleeding.." You commented while concentrating on the wound.
He chuckled and finally spoke "With such sharp aurors I am no longer afraid for our ministry" You could literally taste the sarcasm and ire in his voice.
You already hated this guy, but also still needed to find out who he is, even tho it took all your patience to not walk away...
"I can heal it for you.. You would not like to get it infected, would you..?" You said, and clenched your teeth - you just could not stand the arrogance, but did not wanted to say anything what will even lower your chances of seeing his face.
"What a nice service you have there, are you doing this to make sure I am enjoying my stay?" He would chuckle once more, but this time not really wrathfully, just.. Sadly..? Is this the word?
"Oh- and I also don't need any help from mud-blood just as you are!"
No... It is just arrogance, nothing more..
This was your last straw, you snapped and hissed at him: "Watch your mouth, I am Y/n Y/ln, my family is part of the sacred twenty-eight and not even Voldemort himself will call me mud-blood!" As you took few breaths you realised how loud you just spoke and as the coridor got colder you realised the dememtors are not far away. You grasped your wand, whispered " Apparate " and appeared in your room... This escapade nearly cost you another month in Azkaban and yet you still don't know who the wizard might be...