Chapter 4

You found yourself standing in front of the Hogwarts castle, it was already night and all students were in their beds so there was nobody who could possibly see you even without the invisibility cloak. You were studying here not so long ago, so it was not problem to sneak in to dungeons really quickly and most importantly - quietly. Now let's be honest, you had plenty of time to figure out the fastest way how to get out and back in your dorm, when you were in mode to grab some butterbeer in Hogsmeade with friends.. Without knowing of all the professors of course. Well... Almost all the professors, there was one who you never succeeded to trick-
"Miss Y/Ln...?"
You twitched as your name was spoken and nearly lost balance.
Professor Severus Snape... He is the one who was always few steps ahead of you.. And he still is...
You slowly turned around to face him and grasped your wand. Just not for too long..."Ex-pelliarmus!"
Your wand flew away and you were just standing there, unable to move or to figure out a way how to escape. Snape made few steps closer to you, but he was still holding his wand uncomfortably pointed at your throat.
"What are you doing here.. Miss Y/Ln..?" Snape was not looking somewhat happy to see you again...
"Um.. I am.. On my way to grab a Butterbeer..?" You questioned - knowing damn well he won't let you pass this time, especially because you were no longer student of Hogwarts and did not had any right to be here. Severus did not laughed.. He never did... "I will ask you once more... And this is going to be the final time. You know... It is banned to use the Veritaserum onto students, but you are no longer one of them...so..
What are you doing here..?"
You sighed at thought of losing your career and probably even your own life because of such stupid lie, so you decided to give it another try... You can't tell him the truth, or can you..?
" Alright... Sir I- I am on mission for the Ministry of magic, after all... You know I am working for them! But I was supposed to keep this all a secret..." You nodded while saying so - just to give your words the importance which they needed to fool him.
As Snape sighed you could figure out not even the second lie of yours worked." We both know there is no way the Ministry would need you to spy on students miss Y/ln." He hissed at you and proceeded to grasp your forearm to push you a bit - telling you to follow in to his office.
"Oh no! I am not 'spying' on students, professor!" You defended your thing, but followed Snape in to his office. After all, it was not far away. Saverus would sat you from across his table - still pointing his wand at you. "Really...? Then what were you doing at night, in dungeons of school you no longer attend to..?" As he finished the sentence, you have finally got an idea worthy of Slytherin student!
You can basically kill two birds with one stone...
"I really should not be talking about this, prosfessor..." You gazed in to floor for a little while. "But we have got a notice saying one of your students might be keeping an item containing dark magic, or worse..." You paused and looked around before leaning a little closer to professor Snape. "The item might cause a great harm if falling in to the wrong hands.. Especially if the hands would belong to 'You-know-who'... " You finished the sentence and leaned back in to your chair. Snape would cross his hands on chest and think for a bit. You could tell he still was not entirelly sure whether to believe you or not.
"What exactly is the 'mystical' item..?"
Oh my lord- He actually thinks you might be telling the truth! Don't ruin it now... "Well... The young Malfoy boy, was not he maybe carrying around new wand..? Maybe exactly the same one his father had just few months ago..?" You questioned and once more leaned a little closer.
"More accurately, when his father was not in Azkaban?"
To your surprise, Snape would just nod and gesture to doors. So... Are you free to steal the wand..?
You would slowly get up and walk towards them.
"Thank you professor."
You walked back in to the dungeons and casually entered Slytherin common room. There was nobody who might see you, but you decided to hide under the invisibility cloak anyways. As you got in to boy's dorm and looked around a little shine caught your gaze. It was Lucius malfoy's walking cane, of course even with the wand. The handle was decorated by silver snake sculpture, it's emerald eyes were sparkling in moonlight and it was leaned on one of the beds. You walked closer and gazed at the boy who was sleeping in this bed. He looks a lot like Lucius, same hair colour, pale skin and sharp features in his face. He was actually really handsome, but you could have guessed this lasted just untill he opened his mouth and spoke... Just like his father. You remember him well from his 1st year of Hogwarts, already as 11 year old boy he was just as arrogant... You just shook your head, grabbed the cane and walked out of his dorm.

...

You were already up to leave hogwarts just when you heard Snape's voice from behind.
"Going straight to Ministry, Miss Y/Ln..?" As you turned aroud, you could see him walking closer to you. "Yes professor, that's the plan. In case this wand might be as dangerouns, I don't wanna hold it any longer then needed." You gave him a slight smile and proceeded to continue walking away from Hogwarts castle.
"Flippendo!"
As professor Snape casted this spell, you could feel a sharp pain in your back and were thrown few meters away - losing both, invisibility cloak and even Lucius's cane. You gasped while hitting the floor with loud thump, but decied to act quickly. You intended to grasp you wand, but- where is it..? Shi- You must have left it in the dungeons after Snape disarmed you! He was walking towards you and your only option was to look helplessly around.
Then you saw it again, the little shine of Malfoy's cane just few meters away. You forced yourself to jump from the ground and rush to the direction of the cane while shouting: "Protego!!"
As Auror you were supposed to know few wand-less spells, but let's be honest, they never were your best advantage and this shield spell was the only one you could use right now.
You made it just in time and snatched the cane, but before you could pick it up Snape stepped on it and crushed your fingers under the cane. You yelped and flinched your hand - giving him enough time to pick it up himself.
"Hm... So The Dark Lord want's this wand...?" Snape questioned turning your lie against you.
"I- never said this! It is for the Ministry and I am bringing it there right now!" You exclaimed while trying to snatch it from him.
"No.. I don't think you are Miss
Y/Ln... APPARATE!"
Without any thinking you grabbed his coat and before Snape could notice, you apparated with him.