Chapter 3

Few days passed, but you were not any closer to going back to Ministry, it felt like there was still more and more dementors around, just as if something big would be going to happen anytime soon, which simply means you did not got another chance to talk with Lucius. But this was not going to stop you... You were not really sure why you so desperately needed to know what he did so terrible that he ended up in Azkaban, but that's just how things are...
Your thinking was interrupted by owl who flew in to your room - dropping a packet in to your lap"Finally!" you shouted and began riping off the paper it was wrapped in. You were already awaiting this package, it was the only thing that might help you with this little problem of yours.
"Invisibility cloak"
With this magical miracle on your side, dementors have no chance finding out what are you up to!
There was nothing to wait for, you would grab the cloak, hide yourself under it and quietly run to the highest floor as you already did few times. You would lean on one of the walls at the end of coridor and take a look at Lucius, oh lord- he was looking terrible, his before neat hair were all messy & somehow even covered in blood, he was just sitting on the floor, staring in to one corner of the cell without motion. You gasped at the sight of him, but he did not seem to notice. Finally you dropped the coat and said: "Good morning Lucius, something new there?" You were not in mode for joking, but you did anyways, anything was better then such depressing atmosphere... He did not answered, but twitched when you spoke his name. You did not really had a clue what was happening, all the prisoners there were looking even worse then Lucius, but for some reason you hade urge to try to comfort him a little. You would sit on the floor and continue talking even thought he was not really reacting at you. "... And that's it, they sent me to work in here just because I mixed up some forms and gave aurors wrong adress, it was supposed to lead them to shelter of some dangerous wizards or something ...I mean.. Can't this happen to anybody..?"
You were quiet for a while
" Somebody at the ministry mixed up the forms for you... " said Lucius. His voice was shaking, but it was still strong.
" What do you mean..? Why would somebody do such a thing..?" You were shaken, so.. You are not supposed to be here? It was not your fault at all? Lucius finally looked at you and continued:" Deatheaters, the wizards were Deatheaters... And all this was just supposed to give them more time" As he finished the sentence he rested his head in his hands and mumbled some stuff to himself. For some reason talking about all this made him angry and annoyed...
"But... How would you know...?" Of course it was just rhetorical question... So... Was he one of the Deatheaters? One of these who served to the Dark Lord himself?
You gave him frightened look as he hissed at you "Imperio curse... I was under Imperio curse... I have no clue what was Voldemort doing with me and yet... I am supposed to spend rest of my life here..." You would gulp, but stay exactly where you were - you had to think a little, but after you whispered: "Alright... I believe you..." In this prison was few Deatheaters, those who admited who they were, but such ones would surely keep information like this to themselves, he just told you there must be some actuall deatheaters at the ministry! And also... There was something about him what simply forced you to believe in to his innocence.
"Thank you..." He mumbled and continued staring in to the floor.
What?! Did THE arrogant and self-centred Lucius Malfoy just thanked you? Just because you... believe him? Was it that important for him?
"I- but even if I would believe you.. there is no way how I could persuade trial about your innocence... You know this, right?"
Lucius would stand up, walk to the bars, lean on them and give you a low-key chuckle. "Of course not... There is not any way how you could help me." His eyes were looking straight in to your soul. "Well... At least not legal one..." Your gazes were locked and you instinctively made few steps closer to him, close enough so Lucius could reach for you and force you to sightly raise your chin. The platinum-haired wizard tilted his head a bit and put all his effort in to one simple sentence:
"Just bring me my wand, dear"
As soon as he got hope for getting out of here, his voice strenghtened and the cold eyes sightly melted. All you were capable of doing was a simple nod, because your ratinal thinking gave out.
"And... where can I find it?" You guestioned sheepishly.
Lucius smiled a little, and slid his cold hand on your collarbone which caused you to gasp. "It should not be a problem, my son - Draco has the wand now. He is currently attending Hogwarts and their securing is.. in the least inadequate"
Within minutes your whole life turned plates, you just literally agreed to help prisoner sentenced for life to escape and risk your career... Well you will risk your career in case it will work out, if it won't you will be risking your whole life!
"Alright... how does the wand look...?"