Chapter 5

As you opened eyes a gasp escaped your throat. A huge masion, reminding more of some castle then of a house somebody might be living in, was towering over you. But you did not got to investigate it any further, because Snape who teleported both of you there, was not expecting you to still lay on the ground in front of him and simply tripped... The cane! Your eyes widened and in seconds you were the one holding Lucius's walking stick. You struggled a little while trying to figure how to get the wand out without breaking it, but a little bit of rought force solved the problem.
As you held the wand in your right hand and the rest of Lucius's cane in your left one, you gave Severus a disrespectful smirk and pointed the wand at him. What can he do now..? You are not his student anymore and he also has not his wand.
No, of course you did not planned to kill him, it would bring you just more trouble to deal up with... and sending him to Azkaban... Well... Even if  Severus thinks "he who must not be named" is coming back... It would just complicate things for you and for Lucius to escape. Actually you should not draw any attention to yourself at all, at least not until everything will be over. Then the only option left was changing his memory a little - fast and harmless.
"Oblivate" You whispered - letting Snape forget about all the events of tonight.
Before he returned back to normal you walked away, leaving the Manor behind. You were not sure who's mansion it is, or why did Snape apparated here, but it was a problem for another day.

...

After you returned back to Hogwarts to pick up your invisibility cloak and wand, you noticed two students on the Hogwarts grounds - trying to figure out what might be the mysterious coat good for. They were maybe from 7th, just a little taller then you and let's be honest... dueling skills of 7th years are nothing you should be concerned about. Also, what are they doing here? Are not students supposed to be in their dorms?! It is still night... You sighed, pulled the wand out of it's cane and walked to them with a smug expression on your face. Let's give this a try...
"What do we have there, are not you two supposed to be in your rooms?" You smirked because they gave you confused looks and a second was enough for you to get the cloak from their hands. "And THIS, this is um.. confiscated in the name of Ministry of magic!" You were already aiming to turn around and walk away, but one of the students grabbed your shoulder and stopped you. "Ministry, huh?" he questioned. "How can you prove it?" Added the second one. You just sighed and wanted to show them your ID to prove you are really working for the ministry but-
as you reached for the ID card you could not find it in any of your pockets... "I should buy myself some purse, just so I could lose all my things at once..." You mumbled and pointed Lucius's wand at the neck of one student. "It does not matter, but I am taking the cloak anyways..."
Both of the students backed off and you took the opportunity to find even your wand. Surprisingly there were not any problems with finding it.
"Well... It looks like I have everything..It took longer then needed, but I do!" You smiled and grabbed your wand, the Lucius's one was impressive, but you feel more comfortable using your's one. "Let's get back to Azkaban." Interesting, you never imagined yourself saying this phrase so calmly and yet here we are...

...

You dropped the invisibility cloak on floor right in front of Lucius's cell, while leaning on the walking cane - pretty much trying to look like
you just did not nearly died few minutes ago. "Oh.. You actually brought me the wand" Lucius chuckled before continuing "I was not expecting you to succeed, but you did." You just smirked, did you really just risked your life for him?
"Well, then I guess the wand is not as important for you... Is it?" You asked formally - studying the snake sculpture on it's handle.
"oh no, of course it is" Lucius spat eagerly, reached out his hand and gestured for you to come closer and give him the cane.
As you were closer to the cell Lucius would reach for his wand, but you decided to dodge a second before he could actually grab it, all he did was just a sigh. You turned around once more to face him but he was just massaging his temples out of irritation and trying to figure out why would you do it.
"So let me get this straight, you went all the way to get my wand, even though you already have your's one just to wave with it in front of my face..?" Lucius's emotion would switch into angry one withing milliseconds.
"Do you actually think this is not humiliating enough?!" He would deeply inhale, take his head in to hands and slide them up while getting rid of the stand hair which were covering his face every here and there before exhaling again. "Literally just days ago I was one of the most respected wizards in this whole world, I could have had anything I wanted and now I am sitting there, without any hope of getting back home anytime soon and you find pleasure in playing games with me..?"
You were up to open your mouth and say something sassy, but instead just smirked and let him finish whatever was his point.
Lucius's face turned in to the serious one as if he realised something he was not admitting to himself before.
Of course not, he was used to people doing whatever he asked for without complaints just and only because his rank was higher, but right at this moment he was powerless.
"You want something for this, right?"
You chuckled and said: "Well I did not untill now, because what could you offer to me, you are in prison and even if you would get out, as somebody who broke out from Azkaban you would not have much authority left, would you?..but now, when you asked, I suppose there is something I might want." You would grin because Lucius raised his eyebrow as he noticed you were trying to lead him into telling you whatever was the thing that was on his mind.
"Obviously the thing you need the most is somebody who would teach you to talk respectively with people who's rank is higher then your own.." Lucius hissed, obviously annoyed by your remark about his authority. You were right, but he did not approved you to talk to him with such attitude. "You are right, maybe it is not such a big deal with the wand, I can just keep it... after all it would make a decent decoration, maybe even better trophy..you know... having the wand of the mighty Lucius Malfoy hanging on the wall.."
You messed around and could not but chuckle at your comment at which Lucius just growled.
"You can come to stay with me..."
"What?" You looked into his eyes - quite confused.
"You have two options, keep my wand, back off and get back to running around Azkaban as the punishment you got for something you haven't even done, or help me out and spend rest of the time you are supposed to spend here by living in my luxurious manor and taking a break from your work.
It is not like the ministry would even notice anyways..."
You would have took a second to think, but he made a fair point over there, also he is going to owe you something for all the trouble you went through.
Well... anything just to get out of there.
"Alright, I would like to do this"
You noded and could not help but felt a little less anxious as a slight smile creeped onto Lucius's face. You made the last step towards him and handed him his walking cane.
Lucius firmly gripped the wand and ran one of his fingers across sharp teeth of the snake sculpture which his wand was decorated with and smirked for himself. You could already tell the cane was giving him unsufferable dose of self-esteem.
Within seconds he felt the room getting quite colder and so did you, you both shot your heads up, but Lucius was the one to react faster.
"hide!"
You did as you were told and hid behind the first pillar you saw while pressing your back to the stone wall.
The last thing you noticed was a terrible explosion similar to bombarda spell, but quite louder and awfully much dust which would not allow you to see anything around...

To be continued...