Chapter 16

The Hobby

I don't know how Damon managed to make me come with him.. But when he said that he's going to prove to me that he's really telling the truth, natagpuan ko na lamang ang sarili ko na sinusundan sya papasok sa kanyang kotse.

I heaved a deep sigh as I look through the window.. I guess deep down, there's still a flick of hope inside my heart-- that Damon may really have a logical explanation as to why he ended up in a compromising situation with Ms Clarice.

On our way to his house, we were silent the whole time. He didn't try to explain himself anymore. He knows it would be pointless to argue with me. Kaya nagkasya na lamang sya sa maya't mayang pagsulyap sakin.. I just noticed it on my peripheral vision.

When we arrived at our destination, he cautiously led me towards his room. 'This better not be a trap. Coz I swear-- if he tries to make me forgive him by luring me to his bed-- I'm really gonna hit him where it hurts the most!

Damon walked towards his desk, and pulled out a key to open the upper middle drawer. Meanwhile, I stood at a safe distance from him; raising my guard up in case he does something stupid.

He set the laptop on his desk, and quickly tapped on the keyboards. I was confused with what he's doing, but then he stopped, and took another deep breath again.

He turned around to look at me and motioned me to come near him.. I took a few careful steps towards him, whilst trying to look for answers in his eyes. I can tell that he also wants to fix our relarionship, but strangely enough, it looks as though he's not totally sure of what he's doing.

He offered me to take a seat on his chair, and so I did. 'What can be so complicated about showing me his proof of loyalty?' I thought as I take a seat.

Damon stood beside me and he clicked open some folders until he browsed upon several mp4 video recordings.. He clicked on the most recent one, and put it on full screen.

'Ugh, what is this? Some kind of PowerPoint presentation about how love is blind and you should blindingly love your partner, even though he cheated on you?' If that's what this is, I'm gonna fvcking bash his laptop with a hammer.

I sit up straight and put my full attention on the video. My forehead creased in an instant, when I saw a seemingly familiar room. The angle of the camera must be at the top or something, because it's giving me a bird's eye point of view of the room.. Aside from that, there's a time, running at the upper left of the video.

After a few seconds of watching, I almost wanted to bang my head on the desk at how slow my brain put everything to pieces.. Coz it was only when it got to the part where I saw Damon entering the room, that I realized this is a freaking CCTV!

My eyes widened at the realization of what was right before my eyes! I can't believe this! Damon installed a fvcking CCTV on the lounge!

I had to take a few deep breaths before focusing on the video again.. The time was around two o'clock. Damon headed straight to the mini fridge, probably to get something to drink. By that time, the cupcakes I baked for him was already there. An that's what probably surprised him, kasi kitang kita sa video na natigilan sya saglit.