a/n

I'm going to explain about the neural implant or what I described as "chip installed in their brains"

Hope this will help you guys understand!

Refer to [ profile ] if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I will be taking segments out of a trilogy called Run Hide Seek by Gabby Tye. I will state which book, chapter and page(if needed) I took it from.

It's an interesting book, you should read it if you want. It's based in Singapore and it's about something like a zombie apocalypse but not a zombie apocalypse.

Explanation of neural implants :

[ Hide : Chapter 3 page 19 ]

They gave us neural implants. My mom explained it to me once, something about electrodes in the brain and feelings. Because of this we have a mental connection that enables us to communicate without speaking aloud. Something that draws is together in a way we don't feel with anyone else.

How they use the neural implants and a type of way the can use it :

[ Hide : Chapter 17 ]

Just as I think that, I feel a push in the barrier in my mind and I frown. No, it's not a push, it's more of a knock. I look up and see Connor looking at me expectantly. I let my arms fall and sit back a little. There's that knock again.

I picture myself in the walled fortress protecting my thoughts and I walk up to the floor and peeped my head out. Static rustles in my head and I rub my eyes. I open the door further and the static intensifies. I'm just about to shut the door when I hear a voice.

"You finally got it," Connor says. "You mean you've forgotten how to do this?" He's amused.

"No," I say indignantly in my head. "I mean yes. Lime I've been saying, everything in here's a real mess."

I'd been keeping the door to my mind deliberately shut, not ready for him to see into my thoughts or feelings.

Suddenly, I feel rays of sunlight on my back and I look up. I'm still indoors.

Connor gives me one of his signature Don't-Be-Stupud looks and I make a face at him.

Inner me has stepped past the door and it's beautiful. She gasps.

"We made this together," Connor says wistfully. "We created it with our minds. Beautiful, isn't it?"

Inner me nods, making a full circle. A small sparkling waterfall cascades into a lake, a soft carpet of grass dotted with bright flowers in countless colours leading up to it's edge under a cloudless blue sky. Pale pink petals flutter from the cherry blossom tress all around the clearing. She smiles as a butterfly lands in her outstretched hand.

*not complete*

They can also see what others are doing :

[ After : Chapter ]

They can project what they see in other people's mind :

[ After : Chapter ]

They can link up other people's minds so they can communicate without speaking as well :

[ After : Chapter ]

♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪☆♪