Chapter Two-Decision Made & Funny Feelings

~~Zoltan's point of view~~

After I made my decision last night, I slept better than I have in years. It's going to make Brinkley extremely unhappy, but I need this to happen, and it will. I've always been known as an asshole; why stop now. I got up, got the boys up, fed them, and called a family meeting. Ona (she is our live-in maid.) watched all four of the kids while we had this meeting.

I go to my office. Austin comes in first, followed by Cara; Asher comes in looking like he was the one who went out on a bender and not Austin. I can tell by all their faces that they have no idea what I want. I like it like that. I like watching my kids squirm. Mostly that little shit Aiden. I have to get Brinkley and the boys settled, then I'll deal with him.

Asher: "What's this about, Dad?"

Zoltan: "Austin brought something to my attention last night. I was told I needed to do something, so I am going to."

I lay out my plan for them. I watch as all three of their faces change. I almost want to burst out in laughter. I don't; I keep it in. If I don't contain it, they will think I am joking, and I am not. I made up my mind, and it's going to happen. Austin said it perfectly last night. I need to do something about the Brinkley situation. Cara laughs for me.

Cara: "You really think she is going to do that?"

Zoltan: "She isn't going to have a choice."

Asher: "You do realize that it will definitely cause a bigger rift with Aiden."

Austin: "Aiden made his decisions."

Asher: 'You agree with this shit?"

Austin: "We all know once Dad has made his mind up, there is no changing it. After what I watched last night, I do agree with it. Brinkley is a Lanahan; she needs to act like one."

Cara: "This isn't going to make her do that. Also, Austin enlighten me on how a Lanahan is supposed to act?"

Austin: "Lanahan's aren't supposed to let men rub all over them at bars."

Cara: "I call bullshit. You aren't telling me Brinkley let a man rub himself all over her. She is still so much in love with Aiden that is the last thing on her mind."

He shows her the pictured he took last night. Again, she bursts out in laughter.

Cara: "Look at her face; she isn't enjoying being touched at all and is probably disgusted that it's her boss that was doing it. You are a jackass Austin. The dark-haired guy is Kurt; he is her boss. The other guy is his roommate Ray. Yes, he does have a thing for Brinkley, and Ray has one for Victoria. NEITHER of them wants either of them."

Asher: "And you know this how?"

Cara: "How long have we been married, Asher?"

Asher: "Eleven years."

Cara: "How long has Brinkley been around?"

Asher: "Eight years."

Right now, I realized I had raised a trio of idiots. My sons are all complete dumbasses. I now wonder if I am even fit to follow through with this after watching what unfolds right in front of my face.

Cara: "Girls talk, Asher. After Brinkley left, Aiden Kurt started asking her out. She had declined every time. Ray has been trying to get with Victoria for years. She thinks he is a nerd. The moral of the story is those girls don't want those guys."