Chapter Twelve- Secrets & Surprises

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE. IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER.

~~Two months later~~

~~Brinkley's point of view~~

I am in the nursery with Adair. The boys are still sleeping. Zoltan got a call at four am which woke her up. He has to go into the office. So, while he's getting ready, we're in the nursery. Cara and Victoria did very well with it. It's everything I would have done for her. It's not easy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I know that we shouldn't, but she sleeps in our bed. If not, I wouldn't get any sleep. We have been home for three weeks with Adair. She still struggles. She cries all the time unless I am holding her or she's in the car. I am exhausted, I am also sick, I caught a cold or something. I am afraid I am going to make her sick. I can't help it, though. She won't let me put her down, and truthfully I don't want to. I am afraid something will happen when if I put her down.

I see Zoltan at the door.

Brinkley: "Good morning."

He comes over and kisses me, then kisses Adair.

Zoltan: "Morning, Sweetheart. I'm sorry that my phone woke her up."

Brinkley: "It's ok."

Zoltan: "It's not. You aren't feeling well, and she is taking everything you have as it is."

Brinkley: "It's ok. This is what happens when you're a parent."

Zoltan: "You amaze me, Sweetheart."

He bends and kisses me again.

Zoltan: "I have to go. The boys are going to. It will just be you and the girls today."

Brinkley: "Ok."

He kisses Adair then leaves; we are now living as husband and wife. It's been great. Neither of us has used the love word yet. I don't want to be the first to say it, so I keep it in. I don't want to say it than him not feel the same way. When I questioned him about the things he said the first time we were together, he simply said, "I have fantasized about getting you in bed." I didn't push it. Since we've been home, I've been too distracted by Adair.

Our sex life is still on point, though. We make it work. I can't get enough of him, and he feels the same. The physical part isn't the issue. There aren't really any issues; we're just both too stubborn to admit that we care after hating each other so long. Adair finally goes back to sleep, so I quietly go to bed and lay back down.

I don't know how long we've been asleep, but I wake up to the worst nausea I have ever had. I try to get up without waking up Adair, but that doesn't happen. I have no choice but to put her in her bassinet. I barely make it to the toilet without losing my cookies.

This is new. I have been sick for three days; it's just been the feeling of throwing up and some stomach cramps. Zoltan and I both think it's food poisoning; we ate out the day before I got sick, was the only one who ate anything different. So, I have just been dealing with it. Throwing up is different, though. I try to get it all out quickly, but I didn't. Cara heard me and came in.

She gets Adair from her bassinet. She will quiet for Cara but not completely. She whimpers the whole time, but she isn't doing the wailing crying she was doing. I continue to throw up. Cara doesn't say a word. They all know that I have been sick. I'm glad it was Cara and not Victoria. Victoria smells something, and she pukes. Her pregnancy has not been easy. Austin insisted that his baby would not be born out of wedlock, so they went to the same clerk we did and got married.