Chapter 2

Y/N exhaled in frustration when the villagers told him what happened.

Y/N: And here I thought Grimm were bad. But no, you would rather have people who are barely considered adults, forbidden from entering the walls.

Guard: W-well, yes.

Y/N: And the only time you opened the gate to let them in. And this is after they killed a Grimm that was attacking you, and after a girl in red gave you a berating speech.

Guard: Yes...

Y/N: And let me guess, they just walked away in the pouring rain.

Guard: ...

Y/N: I thought so. Someone initiates an attack, I show who did it, yet anyone from Beacon gets blamed.

Guard: Y-you revealed them?

Y/N: I am The Shadow Rose, or did no one even listen.

Y/N stood up from his chair and exited the barracks. Shadows surrounded him and he teleported outside of the walls.

Y/N: You people don't deserve the kindness my Rose gives you.

Y/N exhaled as he calmed himself down. He closed his eyes and sensed the Aura in Ruby's ring. He then vanished into the ground as the sky echoed with thunder.

Elsewhere

Ruby was looking at a map turning it different directions.

Ruby: So the next town is... uh-huh... uh-huh... We're lost.

Jaune: We're not lost. The next town is Shion. My family used to visit it all the time.

Ruby: Oh yeah. Don't you have, like, four sisters?

Jaune: Uh, seven.

Neo: Holy shit... Seven?!

Nora: You know, that actually explains a lot.

Jaune: Wait, what do you mean?

Vernde: Shion huh? I think I been there before.

Ren: Really?

Vernde: Yeah, I think that was the place that had a guy wearing a large hat and had a pair of maracas.

Neo: A large hat and maracas?

Vernde: Yeah, and he spoke in a weird language...

Jaune: Oh yeah, I remember that guy. I think his name was, Lopez La Pesado?

Nora: Lopez La Pesado..? Man what a mouthful.

Ruby: Well maybe we can... Oh no...

Jaune looked up from the map. Everyone's eyes widen and jaws drop. In front of them was a desolated village. The sky was gray and two columns of smoke rose into the air. A gazebo had a broken tower and lampposts were askew from the ground. At least one dead body was seen on the side of the road approaching the town. They all ran to the town entrance and looked around.

Vernde: What happened here?

Neo: We should check for survivors.

Ren: Over here!

The others rushed to where Ren was leading them. On the ground, sitting propped against a broken building wall is a young man in armor. He breathed heavily and held his hand against a bleeding wound in his abdomen. Ren dropped by his side and puts his hand on his shoulder.