Part 4 - Genin Teams

Genin Teams

Four hours after the test the Hokage and the nine jonins that would take a team this year, even Kakashi had come on time after the Hokage had threatened his Icha Icha books.

"Good, now that we are all here, we will go over the teams that will be announced to the new genin next Monday." The Hokage then proceeded to read the teams to the jonin.

"I would like for Genma to take team one, Aoba, you get team two, Inoichi, you get team three, Choma, you have team four. Isuna, team five, Makiko, you have team six. Now, Kakashi gets team seven, Kurenai, you have team eight and Asuma gets team ten." The Hokage informed them.

They nodded.

"If you have any questions about your team, ask Iruka Umino, he taught the class over the last two years. All except Kakashi are dismissed." The Hokage said.

The jonin left the office after bowing.

"What did you want to talk about with me, Hokage Sama?" Kakashi asked.

"You have the most important team of the whole year this time, Kakashi. I know that the council will force you to pass the team for Sasuke Uchiha, but I don't want you to play favourites. This is a matter of village security." The Hokage said while activating the privacy seals in the room. "ANBU, please wait outside while I brief Kakashi." He ordered.

The four hidden ANBU left the room.

"This seems to be really important, Hokage Sama." Kakashi analysed.

"It is. Do you know who Naruto Uzumaki really is?" The Hokage asked.

"Yes, he is Naruto Namikaze, Minato sensei's son." Kakashi answered nodding, his eye looking dead serious now.

"Correct. I suspected you knew. Two days ago I found out that Naruto knows about his parents and the fox. He is no genin; he should have normally already been jonin by now. But with the sabotage and hatred the civilian council shows him, he hid it. I had Asuma test Naruto today in a disguise. The boy is a prodigy. He is jonin level in ninjutsu, fuinjutsu, weapons and taijutsu. We don't really know his level in genjutsu as he is immune to lower level ones because he is a sensor and has his body covered in a chakra layer that blocks invading chakra. A medic informed me that that sometimes happens with self-taught sensors. Obviously Tsunade found out about that phenomenon. He knows basics of poisons and is really smart.

"The problem is that thanks to the idiots on the council Naruto has next to no real connection with the village. He sees me as trustworthy and likes me, but I think the only other ones that could be said about are the Ichirakus. Nobody else in the entire village. Naruto confessed that he would have run away long ago if he had had a chance. Now I know I am old. If I die and Naruto doesn't get new bonds, he will run. I give him a year at most to be able to not be caught by the ANBU anymore if they were sent to get him back. He won't let the council screw him anymore. And Naruto has inherited both his parents' talent. He is the heir of the Uzumaki, Namikaze and Senju clans. And he is more talented than even Itachi was. I don't have to tell you that we can't let him go somewhere else. I want you to train your team properly Kakashi. No being late more than half an hour. Naruto hates his team-mates, but will accept them until he can take the chunin exams in six months. So the only person he would willingly connect to, if he is treated properly, are you, his jonin sensei.

"Naruto is important for the future of the village. If he leaves, the most probable destination he could go to is Kumo. They treat their jinchuriki properly now. I don't have to tell you that it would be a catastrophe for Konoha if Kumo got Naruto in their ranks. He knows both Rasengan and the Flying Thundergod jutsu of his father. He is probably a fuinjutsu master and his ninjutsu is impressive. He has a wind affinity with a secondary water affinity and a developed lightning affinity from him developing a chakra converter seal that turned his wind chakra in lighting chakra and then training lightning jutsus. Both his normal affinities are trained. I don't know how he managed to hide his training; he was only willing to tell me he found a secret place where he lives now and trains. He also found scrolls and other things there.