Part 15 - Revealing the Uchiha Treachery

Revealing the Uchiha Treachery

It was Saturday afternoon; Jiraiya was in the old Uchiha district checking out the seal the ROOT had found. He was frowning. This didn't look like any standard seal he knew of. He channelled some chakra into the seal and watched where the chakra was directed to. The result was nothing he liked. He would need assistance with this. He turned to the ANBU that was there as a fast messenger to the Hokage in case that was needed.

"Racoon, go to the Hokage and tell him I need support here. Tell him that I need Kakashi Hatake and Dark Phoenix for this." Jiraiya said.

The ANBU nodded and disappeared in a body flicker.

Thirty minutes after Jiraiya had called for assistance, Kakashi, Dark Phoenix and the Hokage stood next to him.

"What's the problem, Jiraiya?" The Hokage asked.

"We have a level four seal that is somewhat different from what I have seen so far and that directs chakra all over the Uchiha district. I only pushed a small amount into the seal, but this is really worrying. I wanted to have Kakashi and Dark Phoenix here to see what they think and to neutralize that seal eventually." Jiraiya said.

"I think it would be best if you showed us the seal then when it is fed a bit of chakra." Kakashi said.

Jiraiya nodded and repeated his earlier test.

Naruto looked shocked at the array he saw.

"God damn it, the Uchiha were really bastards. To install something like that in their district. It probably powers through the entire village." Naruto cried out in disgust.

"You know this, Dark Phoenix?" The Hokage asked surprised.

While Jiraiya had confirmed that Naruto was indeed a seal master, he didn't think that the boy would be able to identify seals that Jiraiya didn't know.

"Kakashi, please check the seal with your sharingan if there are any parts here in the district that we can't see with our normal eyes." Naruto addressed the jonin.

Kakashi nodded and pushed his headband up, only to have both eyes widen in shock.

"There are seals all over the whole district. Most originate from this seal, but some seem to be their own system. Wait a moment then I'll draw it up for you." Kakashi said. He soon took a piece of paper and began drawing what he had seen. "There are these two types of arrays that originate from this seal. Here in the district I mainly see the second type, only a few homes have the first type. It repeats itself over the entire district. This is the other array." He said pointing at the two arrays he had seen.

"The second one is a very complex secrecy seal that is used to hide an important location. Sensei, didn't you say you couldn't find many scrolls when you cleared out the Uchiha district after the massacre?" Jiraiya asked.

"Yes, while we found some scrolls and weapons it was nowhere the number we had expected to be in the Uchiha district. For a clan that had copied jutsus over generations, there simply wasn't enough material. And Sasuke also didn't have more. He had a few scrolls on sharingan techniques and fire jutsus. We looked long for the library we suspected here, but never could find it." The Hokage confirmed.

"Well, I guess you needed to look with a sharingan from a certain position. The second array probably hides the library that you couldn't find. I've seen that seal being used for places like that before. Dark Phoenix, while I have only a vague idea about the first array, you seem to know what it is." Jiraiya turned to Naruto.

"It is a parasitic seal. It consists of a main seal, which is the one you were called to check, and many other subparts. Those are the ones Kakashi found with his sharingan. I think from what I saw, the subparts don't only spread through the district, but over the whole village. When Jiraiya Sama powered the seal we saw the connected parts spread out through the gate of the district. This seal works like a chakra leech. The big seal here is the receiver; the smaller ones are either the senders or sub-receivers. From what Kakashi said, here are mostly sub-receivers. This looks like a very elaborate plan to take over the whole village. If this seal would have been activated at full power, the Uchiha could have sucked out the chakra of the people in the village, left them helpless and taken over. I guess I know now why the massacre happened." Naruto angrily said.