Part 32 - Invasion

Invasion

Feathers fell down onto the arena. The three members of team seven nodded towards each other. Sasuke and Sakura had replenished their energy with the seals again and were fully charged to fight against the attackers. They saw that in the kage booth a smoke bomb went off, but they knew that their sensei and the Sandaime would be more than up to fighting any opponent. Naruto took charge and they quickly tore through any ninja that bore a Suna or Oto forehead protector.

"Sakura, head over to the VIP lounge and make sure that none of the guests there is injured. We'll also direct any injured over there for treatment. Sasuke, you take command of the other genin here. We need to secure certain locations in the village, most prominently the academy, the hospital and the routes to the shelters. We can only properly strike back at the invading forces once the civilians are safe," Naruto recited their orders.

"Understood," Sasuke replied and collected Shino, Shikamaru, Choji, Kiba, Ino and Hinata.

Those of them that had fought had their injuries treated by now. Thankfully none of them was in really bad shape.

"We're going to help out securing important locations. Team ten, you'll cover the hospital and follow the orders of whichever superior ninja is in charge there. Team eight, you're with me to cover the academy and the routes to the shelters. We need to get all civilians to safety as quickly as possible," Sasuke repeated Naruto's orders and handed out jobs.

Naruto was already gone from the arena, off to the village to do his part. Sasuke knew that Naruto was part of a small group of people that had to take our as many opponents as possible. He had seen him rush off with Tenten Jakonato, a student of Gai Maito, his sensei's self-declared eternal rival. The girl was great with thrown weapons and from what he knew, that was the perfect combination with the one jutsu that Naruto knew and that had made his father famous. The flying thundergod.

Naruto and Tenten raced over the roofs of the village. They had practiced for two hours each day over the last week to get their combination attacks perfected. Naruto had taught Tenten the shadow clone jutsu and given her a fully charged chakra storage seal to pull two clones off. Each clone of her had a scroll with Naruto's special kunais. Death would rain onto the attackers from above. For now they would concentrate on groups of attackers that weren't in close proximity to any civilians. While Konoha had started evacuating the civilians as soon as the finals had started in secret, they couldn't make it obvious. So they had concentrated on areas that weren't that important, but housed a lot of people.

"Targets in reach in ten seconds," Naruto said, using his sensor abilities to estimate the distance.

"Roger," the original Tenten replied. "Ready to fire."

The two clones jumped to the sides and went looking for their own groups with two Naruto clones each to repeat the attacks. Once they were close enough, Tenten unsealed the kunai from the scroll she had been given and started firing them at the enemies. Naruto vanished in a yellow flash and below Tenten the opponents started falling like flies within seconds. She had read about this jutsu's devastating power, but seeing it used in front of her was something entirely else. Naruto flashed back to the roof once he had killed the last attacker. He made two clones to collect his kunai for another use. They would deliver the filled scroll once they were done sealing them all up again.

"Target destroyed. Let's move on, Tenten," Naruto said.

She nodded and they continued their job.

Orochimaru had kidnapped the Sandaime Hokage and now shed his disguise as the Kazekage. Kimimaro had managed to distract Kakashi, so that he hadn't followed them. His elite guard, the Sound Four, erected a barrier to keep all opponents out. Sadly they were not fast enough to get it up before Jiraiya, who had been closest to the Kage Box, entered.