Part 40 - Jashinists

Jashinists

Shimon Hijiri looked at the team that had come to back them up on this mission. He really didn't like the things that Dark Phoenix told them about the workings of the seal and what it could cause.

"That's truly a mess. How are we going to prevent that?" He asked.

"The main problem is that you need to dismantle the whole seal. Once it is set up completely, it's tricky to undo. From the design that you sent to Konoha, this one is finished. They only need to get their sacrifices to the seal to begin. The best way to act is by wrongly triggering the seal. Meaning by either giving the wrong kind of sacrifice, fruit juice or something else that is sweet would work perfectly if we can get enough of it here, or by unloading a shit load of water on the seal, which will dissolve the seal's structure with enough time," Naruto explained, "Though the second one takes time and you can bet that the Jashinist that aspires to become a high priest will notice and attack to protect his seal."

"Truly a problem," Shimon agreed, "What if he has already started? We don't know when they will start after all."

"Then we only have one chance. As soon as the first bit of sacrificial blood has been added to the seal, the process will start and the rift will be opened to call forth the reaper spirit. The whole amount of blood will need to be sacrificed for the process to work properly and seal the reaper spirit in the Jashinist, but if a rift is open, it is actually dangerous to mess things up if you don't know what to do. You need to have another sealing array prepared and either a team of fuinjutsu specialists working together to have enough chakra or one fuinjutsu master that has enough chakra to seal up the reaper spirit before it can enter the Jashinist. For us this means this, our first plan has to be getting rid of the seal as soon as possible. We only have me and while I'm a fuinjutsu master, I would really prefer to not have to fight against a reaper spirit for dominance through fuinjutsu. There is no guarantee that it will work the way I planned, and I have never done this before. I have the old Uzumaki seals, thanks to Hokage Sama and Naruto agreeing to let me study them, but I would rather not force the issue," Naruto told them.

"I understand. Yes, dealing with an inactive seal would be much easier than having to deal with a reaper spirit," Shimon agreed looking sickly.

While ninjas had to deal with all kinds of bloodshed in their careers, a spirit was something completely different. You had a damn hard time with some ninjas already, but spirits couldn't be fought with normal ninjutsu. And as Dark Phoenix said, fuinjutsu was not widely understood on a higher level.

"We can go to the seal immediately. I doubt that we can organise the same amount of fruit juice that sacrificing fifty people would get, therefore we have to go with the water blasting. My elemental affinity is water and Kotetsu has it as well I think," Shimon looked at the younger man.

"That's correct," Kotetsu nodded, "But I don't have any wide area water jutsus in my arsenal."

"Is there a river close to the seal?" Naruto asked.

"No, it's about three kilometres away from any source of water, which makes sense if you know how to mess it up," Izumo said.

"Then we need to use water storage scrolls to bring enough water there to be used for jutsus. I have six prepared on my person and I can make a few more if you give me an hour," Naruto said, "You can fill the six that I have up at the river while I work on the others."

"Good, we will do that. Hinata, keep watch and warn us if anybody comes closer," Shimon ordered.

"I will," Hinata confirmed the order.

Naruto set to work making five shadow clones to not give away too much of his abilities while Izumo, Kotetsu and Shikamaru went out to fill the scrolls at the river. There was no time to waste. They didn't know when the Jashinist would attempt his ritual after all.