Part 21 - Returning to Konoha

Returning to Konoha

Back in Konoha team seven was debriefed by the Hokage this time. The mission was too high ranked to just give a short report to a chunin in the mission office and hand in a written report. Though Kakashi would still have to hand in the report, together with his students as they all had done parts of the mission that were at least B-ranked. Kakashi gave the first report, then Naruto filled in the part of the assassination of the camp and the base where he had been doing the killings and in the end Sasuke and Sakura reported on their part in the village of taking out the thugs.

Then Kakashi reported about the behaviour of the three chunins that had been sent to be back-up for his team which made the Hokage frown. He hadn't thought that chunin would go against his orders like that. Even if the team they had to support had Naruto in it. They would face disciplinary measures. There was no way he would tolerate that kind of behaviour from his subordinates.

The last thing Kakashi informed the Hokage about was the amount of money and the documents he and Naruto had confiscated from Gato. He also handed over the three prisoner scrolls that held Haku, Sanae and Kimie.

"In these three prisoner scrolls are three ninjas of jonin level that Naruto and I caught. I think the T & I department of the ANBU should interrogate them for information. If they are willing we might want to consider for them to join our ranks. Haku isn't in the bingo book, Sanae and Kimie are. All three have a bloodline limit. Haku has ice release, Sanae has steel release and Kimie has poison touch. Haku is in stasis and has injuries that would need to be treated and the other two have just been drugged." Kakashi informed the Hokage.

"That's indeed fortunate for the village. If we can convince them to join our ranks we would have three powerful ninjas to support us. I will also make sure that the bounties for the Iwa ninjas and Aoi will be transferred to your and Naruto's accounts. Sasuke and Sakura, you will receive the equivalent of the payment for an A-rank mission and a recommendation for performance above your level for your files. Additionally you are forbidden to talk about the details of this mission with anybody that doesn't have the clearance for A-rank missions, meaning the jonin and ANBU. This mission could have given Konoha a lot of problems if it hadn't gone like it did. There is information that could harm the village if it gets into the wrong hands." The Hokage said.

Both genin nodded.

"This is about the Iwa nins and how they reacted to finding out that Naruto is an Uzumaki, isn't it?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes. Not many people know this today anymore, but the Uzumaki clan was once our strongest ally. And Naruto is well on his way to regain the knowledge of his clan. In some way you can compare the importance of Naruto not being exposed too soon with yourself Sasuke. The Uchiha and the Uzumaki were very close in skill level and strength in the past. It was as much thanks to Uzushio's support that we won the second ninja war as it was to our own ninja's strength." The Hokage said.

Sasuke nodded and looked at the four pictures of the Hokage's on the wall. He noticed a certain similarity between the fourth and Naruto. He filed that information away for later consideration.

"I need to talk with Kakashi and Naruto about some things in private, so you are dismissed, Sasuke and Sakura. You have the next three days off then you will restart your training." The Hokage informed them.

They both bowed and left the office.

When they were outside Sakura turned to Sasuke.

"What do you think they are talking about that we can't hear?" She asked.

"I guess it is about the Iwa nins. There is more going on than they are telling us. One piece of advice, Sakura; don't get on Naruto's bad side. You have just heard what the Hokage said about his importance. We have both seen how strong he is and as much as I hate to admit it, at the moment he is stronger than me. I will catch up to him as soon as I can, but I also have realized that Naruto and I are more similar than I thought. You will regret it if you don't treat him properly." Sasuke said and left.