I Know You're In There

Made a small animation again.  This time I took a few screenshots and went over it.

Writing Prompt (From Pinterest):

"I have a solution!"

"Thank goodness."

"It involves fire."

"Absolutely not!"

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Varian?"  Nuru called.  When she didn't recieve an answer again, she sighed.  Why does he wonder off so?"

Hugo suddenly stopped, grabbing her shoulder.  She stopped too, along with Yong.  They looked in the same direction as Hugo.  They saw Varian on a ladder, pulling off a book from the top shelf.

"Varian!"  Nuru sighed with relief.  "You've had us crazy worried!  Why didn't you answer?"

Varian still gave no reply with his back turned to them, climbing down the ladder.  Nuru made as if to walk towards him, but Hugo held his arm out in front of her. He sensed that something was amiss as did Nuru.  However, he thought it would be better to be at an arms distance from him to be safe.

Narrowing his eyes, Hugo glared at Varian as he kept his back to them, but was now standing by a table.  "V,we asked you a question."

Varian held up an open book with one hand, then he pushed his fingers closer together, slamming it shut.  The sound echoed.  "I believe it was the girl that asked, not the three of you."

Varian turned around (or not Varian exactly).  His eyes were glowing blue as he set the book down.  "You three should not have come here."

"What happened to you Varian?"  Yong cried.

"Oh, I'm not Varian.  Well, I'm in his body, but he's not exactly here."

Hugo stepped forward.  "Who are you and why are you possessing our brother?"

"Brother?"

"It's kinda an honorary thing, but that's besides the point!  Who are you?"

"I am Ulla.  You may also know me as-"

"You're Varian's mother!"  Nuru gasped, clenching her fists.  "How could you do this to your own son?"

"Well, I needed to keep you from learning anything in here, and I thought you would listen if he told you not to come here.  Obviously, he said no.  So I did the next thing.  Possess him. You won't fight your friend because if you hurt him, it's Varian that suffers.  Not me."

"That's just sick!"  Nuru cried.

"Now I know what Donnella meant when she said you were dangerous," Hugo muttered.

"What do you know about that woman?"  Ulla snapped.

"Not much, surprisingly.  She's the closest person I have for a mom, so, you know."

"Doesn't matter.  What matters is you need to leave and never return!"

"Not without Varian!"  Yong cried.