3

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves

"Jason." I said. He was in my living room, drinking beer on my couch. His eyes narrowed at me.

"How did you get in he--"

He pulled out keys. "I have a spare remember.." He said, getting up. "Where were you?" He said putting his hands in his pockets, tilting his head.

"I was out with a friend.." I said, gripping on my sleeves.

"You were with him weren't you?" He said walking up to me, I backed up a bit. "Weren't you?" He said.

"I saw you and Amber." I said clenching my teeth, looking him.

His face softened a bit. "So?.." He said.

I scoffed. "So? What the hell do you mean so? She was on your fucking lap, Jason! What the fuck do you except me t--" A sudden sting came upon my cheek. I whimpered holding my cheek. I looked up him, tears falling.

"Don't you dare fuckin' curse at me you ungrateful bitch. You're lucky that I'm able to put up with all your bullshit." He growled. He looked at my face, and it once again soften. "Jasmine, baby I'm--"

"Get out." I said quietly. "Baby, let me--" "I said get out!" I shouted. "Now.." I said. He looked down and nodded his head. Walking out the door. I slammed it shut. I slid down the door. "Did he really just hit me?" I whisper to myself.

----

Looking into my mirror, looking at my cheek. It was pink. I sighed, getting my blush. Evening it out the pinkness. I ran my fingers through my hair, putting it over my shoulders. I smiled at myself in the mirror, before walking downstairs. I see Mom at the kitchen table. Surprisingly.

"Oh, hey mom." I said.

"Oh hey sweetheart. why isn't Jason picking you up already?" She said sipping on her coffee. I bit my lip.

"Uh, because.. we had a little argument.." I said playing with my fingers. "But we'll be fine.." I said smiling a little.

"Are you sure? We can talk about it if you want.." She said.

I shook my head. "No, mom it's fine.. I should go. I'm going to be late to school." I said kissing her cheek. Before she could say anything, I quickly walked out the door. Closing it behind me. I can't tell her.. Too much drama..

---

Opening my locker, putting my bag and sweater in it as I took out my binder. I looked down to see Jase and I on it. Yes, I have a picture of us on our binder. Don't judge me.

"Hey.." I heard someone say behind me.

Judging by the scent of cigarettes and axe, I knew it was Jason.

"Hi.." I breathed, closing the locker.

"How are you?" He said. I looked up at him. "What do you want, Jason?" I sighed.

"I wanted to talk to you--"

"You said enough last night.. And," I said looking around, before looking back at him. "You hit me." I whispered.

"Did you tell anyone...?" He trailed off. I bit my lip, shaking my head. "Good.." He said. I rolled my eyes, ready to walk away. He pulled me back, "Wait."

"What Jason?" I snapped.

He narrowed his eyes at me, closing his eyes before reopening them. "Look.. I'm so sorry for hitting you.. I didn't mean to--"

"You always say that Jason. How about you stop doing it, and trust me.." I said, looking into his hazel eyes.

Sometimes, I don't get why I'm the one doing all the pep talk, and why I keep forgiving him. Is this how love is?

"I do.. It's just that.. I can't help but to get angry.. And I'm so so so sorry, baby. I won't do it again.." He said, holding onto my not injured cheek.

"Good.. Because I couldn't stand being mad at you anymore." I smiled.

He grinned, pulling me into a kiss. "So, do you wanna come over today?" He asked.

I bit my lip, remembering that Justin and I are going bowling. "I would like to, but I'm going shopping with my mom today after school." I said.

He pouted. "Ugh, can't you do that another time?" He whined like a little kid.

I giggled. "No, I promised my mom this morning.." I said, my arms wrapped around his neck, as his fingers brushed against my bare waist.

"Fine.. How about tomorrow? Alex misses you being around the house." He said.

I smirked. "Hmm.. He's kinda cute.. I'll make an exception." I teased.

He playfully scoffed. "So you'll come for my 24 year old brother and not me? That hurts babe, it really does." He smirked.

"Oh, man up." I joked.

He chuckled wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "I love you.." He said pecking my cheek, the one he slapped. But it felt nice against my skin.

"I love you, too.." I said.

Note: Jason makes me sad. Vote /Comment, add to reading list! Please.