Prologue

Luna Redfield was born in the year 1887, in her home just east of central command. Luna lived with her mother Gemma, and her older sister Hilda. Her Father Albert Redfield had died in a tragic work accident when Luna was just an infant. The three girls lived content and peaceful lives, though they struggled most of the time. 

In the year 1899 there was a terrible snowstorm that swept over the countryside. Luna's mother died in the storm, she was headed for town and got caught up in the storm, the townsfolk were certain that she had died of frost bite. Luna and Hilda couldn't hold a proper funeral for her, since ther never found the body. 

The two daughters were now orphans, and they soon found themselves swimming in debt. When they lost the house, Hilda, Luna's sister, chose to run off with her boyfriend to the east. Luna was alone and soon fell down a dark and regretful path.

At the age of Fifteen Luna often stole on a daily basis, though she barely scraped by. She would pick pockets and what not, but sometimes she would resort to killing. There was one time where a gang of thugs cornered Luna, and she slit all of their throats. She eventually took on mercenary missions in order to better support herself, this was at the age of seventeen. One time Luna had been tasked with the job of killing a certain group of people. They had oraboras tattoos, they were the homonculi, Luna failed this mission miserably.

The homonculi were angry with her, since she was foolish enough to try and kill them. They abducted her and planned to do many horrific things. She was dragged from the city and brought to their underground fortress.

Luna was fused with an animal, making her a chimera. She was lucky that they had chosen such a beautiful creature, otherwise her appearance would have been much more pitiful. Luna was now part dove, and she was just like the other chimera's that were produced from a philosophers stone. Luna could appear very human like, and she chose to hide away her chimera form. In this other state Luna had wings that came out of her shoulder blades, and claw like nails. Luna despised this other form even though it was in fact very beautiful. It served as a reminder of the path that she had chosen, but Luna wasn't quite done just yet.

Eventually Luna was released from the homonculi, and she decided to live in solitary confinement alone in the countryside. She spent almost a decade alone, she studied alchemy and its origins, she also practiced it as well. She soon mastered the art of flame alchemy, thought it was very difficult to achieve this information. After roughly a decade of hard work, Luna was finally able to make her childhood dream a reality. She hoped to make the world a better place, and to prevent others from falling down the same path as her. 

Luna had wanted to be a state alchemist ever since she was little. She hoped to fulfill this dream, and forget her sinful past, as well as her secret. She never anticipated what was going to happen, it had been a long time since she had fallen in love with someone.