Farewell

"Konnichiwa Hotaru." I sat down next to her,a man was beside me,this time it wasn't Yukio. A year has passed since she left,but I wanted to keep visiting her as often as I can. 

"There's someone who wants to talk to you." I made way for the blonde man,he took off his hat and placed a teddy bear near her. He didn't even utter a word.I guess that's what you call conscience. I was somehow pissed.

"Are you happy now?" I asked. He remained silent staring at the grave of his dead daughter.

"Then don't fucking come here.Ever again." I glanced at him before I took my leave. Yukio was waiting in the car,I got in and sighed.

"Daijyobu Rin?" He asked as he handed me a bottle of water.

"One after another...ughh...after this is we have to meet my mom..." I shrugged.

"At least I'm in proper attire." He teased.

"You're three years older than me of course you are." 

"Age is just a number Rin!" I chuckled at his protest.

We reached at the usual cafe,but the interior design changed a lot,it gave off more of a business atmosphere,maybe because she's here.

"Suddenly saying you wanted to attend university here and not leaving this town one bit.Now look at you." She stated.

"Right,look at me." I smiled from the bottom of my heart.

"I'm happy now." She wore an expressionless face as always.Then she gave me documents. I opened them and there wee photos of different men,I tossed it back to her.

"At least pick one." She sipped her coffee. Don't you see the man beside me?

"I already have." I held Yukio's hand and he held mine back.

"I should've never allowed you to attend here.I'm telling to pick one from the pile,I'm doing this for you and your future." I've had enough of this.

"But I already have my future here. Plus," I stood up, "if you really cared about me,you would've thought about my happiness...but thank you..." For breaking the chains.

"And don't worry,because I won't treat my children like you did." I waved her goodbye,Yukio bowed at her and followed me.

------

"Mom!" She pouted.Breakfast was almost ready and this child. Sweet and loving. Her caramel hair was tied to a ponytail and she stared at me with her black eyes.

"Ah Mizuko,Dad hasn't finished tying your hair. Come here you little pancake!" He came and kissed me on the cheek.

"Ohaiyou Rin."

"Ohaiyou Yukio."

"Ne...Mom...Who's this girl beside you in your graduation photo?" Mizuko asked.

"She's your aunt Mizuko,we're going to visit her today." I placed the onigiris on the table and smiled brightly.

------

"Mom..." Mizuko called from the doorway,I was gazing at our pictures. Frozen time...

"It's time to visit dad..." She came over me and covered my eyes with her hands,tears fell down from my cheek. I lost Hotaru,now I lost Yukio...but I'm relieved...that I got to be a part of his life...and we watched our small little stream grow into a big river...

"Let's go shall we?" I stood up,I can't be weak in front of my daughter.She's the only one I have left,but one day...I'll have to let her go...

"Here you go Yukio," I gently placed red tulips near him and sat down, "I'll visit you both as much as I can. Look here." Mizuko came forward. She weakly smiled.

"Isn't she beautiful?"

------

"Mom!" She called out to me,at this point I can't shout but I slowly stood up,my body was finally giving out on me. I wonder how much time I have left?

"Granny!Granny!Who's this girl beside you?" 

"She's your grand-aunt Hana-chan." Mizuko answered in my stead.

To visit a person who taught me love and a person who taught me how to love...different love and different emotions.

Yukio,meet our family,this is our daughter Mizuko,I'm sorry I had to let go of her so early,but isn't our grand-daughter cute? Mizuko and Ikuto named her Kohana. Her name is Honda Kohana. You taught me how to dispel liking love and taught me how to love someone...like you said...love is complicated. Arigatou...

Hotaru,I finally found the value in life.It's small and insignificant to the world,but it's important and special in its own way. The way you treasured life was a way I thought I never could.But I did.I met new people,I made new friends.And now,I even have a family of my own. Arigatou...

I guess I won't be visiting anymore...because you both waited long enough...

Soon...we'll meet there...and watch over our loved ones from above....

-----

Sayonara...my little Mizuko..

"..ngh...O-oya...oyasumi...ogaa-san...."

----

"Ah!Ri-chan!"

"Rin!" 

"We waited."

"Mhn.Sorry to keep you waiting."

"Ne ne Ri-chan,what happens when the snow melts?" 

"Hotaru-san!"

"Spring comes." 

"Mhn!" 

"Seriously...let's go Rin..."

The value of a life is equally insignificant to the world,but it differs when you see it selfishly. 

I'm glad I met the both of you...

{The End}

Konnichiwa-Good afternoon
Ohaiyou-Good morning
Oyasumi-Good night
Sayonara-Good bye/Farewell
Ogaa-san- Mother/Mom
Arigatou-Thank you

<Haii! "When the Snow Melts" has ended,for the letter Hotaru gave to Ritsuka,I'll leave that to your imagination kawaii readers TvT. Feel free to leave your opinion,for I have cried countless times-  I hope you liked this book!>