Jack Sparrow (Humor)

"C-Captain!" I gasped, turning over onto my stomach.

      Captain Jack Sparrow lay next to me, on his back, the long wooden skewer embedded into the forest earth next to him. "Are you okay?"

       He and I had gotten captured together by the tribe, and were about to become human meat-literally. Until Jack had the idea of running off the cliff-or trying to- and we both ended up falling through six plank bridges before landing, well, on the jungle floor.

      I'm just a crew member of his, but he treated us well, so I couldn't really complain. And he's funny and actually  a lot smarter than people give him credit for.

       "As okay as I can be, love. Me head hurts terribly-oh no. Get up." He started, seeing as the cannibal tribe was trickling down from the rocks.

        Their shrieking cries could be heard a mile away. "Oh, God." My heart sunk in realization.

        Staggering to my feet, I pulled him up with a quick smile. He returned it, but his eyes widened, glancing behind me.

         I didn't need to look back to know that the tribe was steadily advancing on us as we took off through the jungle.

          "Miss Y/L/N, I hope you can keep up with- AHHHH!" Jack made the mistake of looking back, which only made him run faster.

            "Captain, now is- not the- right time." I warned as steadily as I could, trying not to laugh at how he was running.

            I don't mean to be that person, but he was running like a stereotypical girl. Arms out, bent at the elbows, and going back and forth, his legs going every which way.

             "Can't you appreciate me trying to lighten the mood?" He scowled, ducking under a low branch, nearly falling onto his face.

              I wasn't doing much better either. The branches were snagging on my arms and legs, and the countless roots on the ground made me stumble. "Fine, Captain."

              "You love me, Y/L/N." He declared, grabbing my hand and dragging me along. I rolled my eyes.

               This was noticeably better, because now we were matching paces. At least some of my worries were gone.

                I don't know if it was the the humidity, for it felt like the tribe was breathing on the back of our necks.

               "C-Captain, where's your ship?" I asked, as we both jumped over a fallen tree. The landing was hard, with the taller male stumbling, and practically dragging me down with him.

              "It's just on the shore, love."

              The only thing you could hear was the cries of the tribe and our heavy pants. The jungle seemed to go on forever; everything looked the exact same.

               "Captain, are you sure the crew will still be there?"

                I felt him briefly glance at me. "Of course, Y/N. Why wouldn't they be, I'm their captain. And it's my Pearl." He spluttered incredulously.

                "Right, of course." Cringing, I mentally slapped myself for thinking that.

                 Of course, I hadn't known him and the crew too long, so I didn't exactly know about their feelings on loyalty. But Gibbs speaks highly of him, so I should trust that.

                 "Oi!" He automatically yelled, and a gust of wind stirred my hair.

                  We turned the corner of a cliff, and my feet hit the sand. I'd been so lost in thought....

                  "Run, Y/N!" He screamed, letting go of my hand, and my arms burned as I put on a boost of speed.

                  The Black Pearl was steadily retreating back into the waters.

                  "Faster, love!" Jack encouraged, his arms going back and forth.

                  The tribe screamed as we neared the ship. But another sound briefly caught my ears.

                  "Good doggy." Jack tried with the tan dog that was just standing on the beach.

                   "What the-"

                   Looking back, I saw that they just went right by the animal.

                    Nearly slamming into the ship, I felt Jack's rough hands lift me up and push me against the net on the side of his ship.

                    Climbing quickly, I felt the net pull and loosen, meaning Jack was climbing too. Despite this, I put on a burst of speed, knowing the tribe was very near-they could easily throw their spears and-

                    "Alas, my children! This is the day you shall always remember as the day that you almost-"

                     WHOOSH!

                     For a brief second, it felt like God had punched my face. And the water was freezing cold.

                     "Captain Jack Sparrow." He finished flatly. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, wiping my face with my hand before ascending again.

                     We both made it onto the deck, and I smirked. "You don't have an off switch, do you?"

                      Jack's brown eyes narrowed as he leaned in close. He smelled of sweat and dirt. "My off switch made you run faster. Savvy?"

                     He wasn't wrong.