People are Strange

Tw
We made it to the cave. I was completely out of it. Surrounded only in my own thoughts. I wish they had just let me go. It would have been for the best.
"No it wouldn't." Paul said.
"Huh?" How did he- ?
"Vampires can hear eachothers thoughts. That's how we knew to help you." David said. Well damn. That's crazy.
"We don't want you gone. We need you here." Paul said. My eyes teared up again.
"But my own family doesn't want me." I burst out crying again. Paul pulled me into a hug, then picked me up and brought me inside, the boys following.

"Why should I be here if my family doesn't want me? What's the point?" I cried.
"We're your family now." Paul said, his breath on my neck sending shivers down my spine.
"Not to mention, I'm a fucking vampire." I said, sniffling a couple times.
"Half vampire. You're still partially human, so you can go in the sun still." David explained.
"I don't know how to be a vampire, I don't want to have to kill people! What am I gonna do!?" Paul held me tighter.
"We'll help you. It's not that bad, in fact, it's amazing, you'll see." He told me. This is gonna be a shit show for me.

Dwayne stood up from his seat.
"Bed time." He said. Paul picked me up and brought me to the bed.
"You can sleep here again, but soon we're gonna teach you how to get up there." He pointed behind where the bed was. Marko, Dwayne and David were hanging upside down on the ceiling, their feet like bats. My eyes widened.
"Holy crap." I muttered.
"You'll get used to it." He said before kissing me on the forehead.
"See you in the evening." He, too, was asleep on the ceiling. I guess imma have bat feet, too.

---

I woke up around 8:00. The boys weren't awake quit yet. The cave was pitch black, and I couldn't see shit. I looked at my feet. They seemed normal. Wait. My eyes adjusted to the dark a little more.
"Oh my fucking hell." I whispered to myself. My feet weren't human. I put on my socks. I just have to get used to it, that's all. I put on my boots an headed to the "living room" if you will. I turned on some lanterns but kept it dim because I didn't want to wake the boys. I sat on the couch and sighed. This is the last thing I would've thought would happen when I moved here.
"I know, isn't it cool though?" Marko's voice said from behind me.
"Yeah, I guess being a vampire is kinda cool...weird but cool." I said, rembering my feet.

The rest of the boys came in and sat down.
"How'd you sleep, princess?" Paul asked me.
"Fine, I guess. I just need to get used to this sleep schedule." He nodded and moved some hair out of my face.
"Let's go for a ride." David suggested. We all nodded and went outside to our bikes. I did enjoy going on rides with them. We made it to the boardwalk and slowed down a little. It was a busy night. We stopped infront of the video store where I first met the boys. We walked inside. Dwayne winked at the woman working there. She blushed. The guys started messing around.
"Sorry." I mouthed to the woman. She smiled.
"It's okay." She mouthed back.

The guys pushed and laughed at each other. I rolled my eyes and smiled. I looked away for one second and Paul grabbed me and turned me around.
"Let's go girlie!" We ran out the door and got back on our bikes. We weaved around people. We got lots of stares and looks. We stopped at the comic book store just to see what was there. I walked in first. I was looking at books, the boys on the other side of the store.
"Excuse me." I voice said. I looked to see two boys who looked to be around 15 or 16.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Are you new here?" The one with the raspy voice asked.
"New-ish." I responded.
"Take this." The smaller one shoved a comic book in my face. Destroy all Vampires. Oop.
"I won't be needing this." I said.

They looked at each other.
"Why? It might save you." They said.
"I think I'll be alright." I put the book down. I walked to the other side of the store to see what the boys were doing. Oh fuck. They had torn a good 5 comic books.
"We should go...there's people over there." I said. We laughed and ran out the door. As I got on my bike I could see the two young boys eyeing me. They're strange. All people are strange, though.