Chapter 11: The One on One's First Round Commences!

Kya POV-

After 10 minutes of meditation a helper for the sports festival came in to get me for my fight against Sparky. From what I have heard about him and seen from him that he had a low level emitter type quirk. I have even been told as far as him being a 'knock-off' version of me. Whatever that means?

I made it to the doors that would open up onto the battle arena. I saw Sparky on the opposite side of the arena with a brave face on. I wasn't going to drag this battle out, it would be boring for the onlookers. I was also getting super tired, so it was about time that I took a nap. I think Mr.Caterman is rubbing off on me. I giggled at the thought and locked eyes with Sparky. When I saw a smug smile on his face I went from giggly happy fun times to deadpan and serious.

Pretty Lady told us that it was time to take our marks and get ready to go. We were told to go on opposite sides of the arena to give us both an equal distance to fight in. I had zoned out a while and then I heard a loud, "GO!" My eyes shot up to Sparky to assess his first move and think through what he would do afterwards.

Deciding to just confuse him, I immediately ran up and got up in his face. His face was then filled with shock as I just looked up at him and stared at him unblinking. He then returned to his smug smirk as he yelled out, "30 MILLION VOLTS!!"

My face went more deadpan than I thought possible. He was trying to beat me with an electric attack? Even though I could probably withstand this amount of voltage I decided to just absorb the electricity and save it for a later fight.

As I absorbed the electricity that was coming at me I saw Sparky's face go blank and then it was replaced with a dumb expression. I looked at him with a confused look on my face. I walked up to him slowly and when I reached him I proceeded to poke him. He was unresponsive to my quick jabs at his stomach, so I had to assume that he was out for the count. To make sure I spoke out loud to him. Maybe he was responsive to voice? "Sparky-kun? What happened to you? Did you short-circuit? Are you going to be okay? Does this mean I win without fighting you?" My questions were going a mile a minute and they were then interrupted by a loud chant from the audience. "Push him out!" "Push him out!" "Push him out!"

So, as any sane person would do I listened to complete strangers to inflict bodily harm on another human being. Push him out of the arena? Okay.

I pushed Sparky out of the arena with little to no effort, not to mention force and as this happened a loud cheer erupted from the audience. I was super confused at their cheers. I had just won without fighting and I was receiving praise for it? Why are they so excited? I just don't get it. I looked over at the Pretty Lady to receive an explanation and all I got from her was a soft sentence, "You won Kya-chan, don't worry about Kaminari, he'll be fine in no time. He just needs to go visit Recovery Girl real quick. So go and celebrate for now on your first win!" She delivered this line with a soft smile. I smiled back up at her as Mito-san said when someone smiles at you, you return the favor. I then heard a collective "Awe." come from the audience. I looked around meekly at them and then booked back up to Class 1-A's seating area.

When I finally reached my seat I received multiple pats on the back and head for beating Kaminari. I didn't even do anything, that match was so boring. There were more fun fights at the Hunter Exam. I silently pouted as I got more and more undeserved praise. Is it really that easy to impress and receive praise from people in this world? Well, I guess that is okay.

I had taken a seat next to Sato-kun and he had just passed me a sugar cookie. It was from a batch that he made this morning. As I was about to take a bite of this sweet delicacy I heard a huge explosion coming from the arena. Debris was flying everywhere and when I looked down at the fight I saw Blasty standing over Floaty's unconscious body. Had I missed the fight?

-No Kya-chan, the author was too lazy to write another detailed fight scene.-

I shrugged my shoulders and finished eating my sugar cookie. The loud Yellow Cockatoo then announced over the commentary system that there would be a short five minute break to fix up the arena that had been damaged in the previous fight. This was the perfect opportunity to take a nap! I hopped up from my seat and headed over to Caterman and the loud Yellow Cockatoo were.

When I finally reached the announcer's booth the both swiveled around to see who had opened the door. Caterman's unease dropped when he saw that it was only me. I pointed next to him towards the ground, not saying anything. He sighed as he reluctantly handed over his yellow sleeping bag. I happily skipped away going to find a quiet place to take a nap! 

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading! It means the world to me! I know most of you probably have already skipped over this but I love you all too! 

Also I want some suggestions in the comments about who should be the mystery person that showed up in one of the previous chapters! Please and thank you!