𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲

jennie x reader
{a/n: all mistakes are mine}.

~

synopsis: when the one that got away, gets away, what do you do? Jennie Kim is a superstar, everyone loves her, she's got it all. but what happens when her past creeps up behind her like a retelling of a nightmare. what does she do?

~

Black Label Studio, Seoul, Map-gu
11:00PM

Author's POV.

"hey jen,  we should head out now. we've done enough today," lisa manoban - the lead producer for jennie kim - spoke. jennie watches boredly as lisa puts on her jacket and packs away all the sheets of music that they worked on. "chaeng looking for you?" jennie jokes, the producer's wife was always looking for her and jennie found herself slightly jealous with their relationship. "ha ha, very funny, but no. it's eleven and i'm tired plus the weekend is tomorrow, i don't want to spend any more time in the studio," jennie nods her head and lisa looks at her with an expectant expression, "what?" jennie asks, her body usually followed whatever lisa did and by now, she'd have her coat on and things packed away as quick as lisa. but today, her body didn't feel like moving and she didn't feel like going home yet. "you're not gonna pack up?" jennie shakes her head, her fingers twirling a random pencil that was nearly dull with how much she used it.

it was her lucky pencil.

her eyes trailing the markings on it, bringing a faint smile on her face.

"why not? you're usually adamant on getting out of the studio. what's up?" lisa was not only her producer but she was also her best friend, her first friend that she made when she entered the industry. "nothing's up lis, i just want to work more..i don't know why but i don't want to go home yet," jennie wasn't sure was she glued to her chair or why her fingers were itching to write. "are you sure? cause if you call me later, i'm not gonna come pick you up," lisa refers to all the other times jennie stayed at the studio late and called lisa to pick her up - ultimately ruining her time with her wife. lisa hated it when her time with chaeyoung was interrupted.

jennie, the usual diva she was, rolls her eyes and sighs, "yes lisa. i have a driver for that," lisa snickers and continues to pack her things up. "okay jenjen, don't forget to turn off the light and don't get too frightened when you see the janitors, they're just janitors, not aliens," lisa once again refers to the time jennie was drunk in the studio (don't ask how jennie got drunk in the studio) and called lisa screaming and crying because there were 'aliens trying to eat her.'

"shut up lisa and go home to your wife you useless lesbian." lisa shakes her head and ruffles jennie's hair. "alright, don't stay here too late. love ya," jennie doesn't respond but lisa's used to it. the girl was a little closed off. lisa didn't know why but jennie was such a mystery. she's seen the way jennie interacted with her fans. she loved lightly and cared easily but something about jennie was reserved, lisa only got to see that during the (many) times jennie would get drunk.

jennie was young when she entered the industry, at twenty-three years old she debuted and was already snatching awards, charts, records left and right. the kpop soloist was deemed a phenomenon. lisa always figured that it's because jennie was young and she liked keeping to herself to protect herself from the harsh industry that she was in, but as years pass by, lisa soon figured out that it wasn't that.

being left in the studio was odd to jennie. she always had multiple producers or friends with her inside the studio, she was never alone and if she was, she was usually drunk - so she never remembered what had happened the night before. but now, she was sober and was inside the studio.