Chapter 4: "Hello again"

Today's the day, my heart was beating so fast but my breathing was slow. I stood up and had one last pep talk in the mirror before proudly walking out of my room. I opened the door and was instantly hit with blinding sunshine. Today, my grief will fly away.

I got into my car and glanced back over to my invitation, I'm going today for sure! I grabbed my purse, keys and wallet and set off! The drive was long, three hours kinda long. I was so sweaty from the heat my (H/C) hair was stuck to my face.

I brushed it away but it was no use, it just wouldn't stop flying back onto my face. I drove for hours listening to popular songs  on the radio and had the air conditioner on for my sweaty forehead. Why was I so nervous? After a while I got hungry and decided to stop by a bakery for a treat.

I got out of my car and walked into the modern looking building. Reminds me of home, my old home. All my friends and family lived near, life was great until...the murder. My mum was concerned for me and decided that I would be better off somewhere else, away from that place.

But I dedicated all that time to uncover the murder so my friends and family would feel safe! And I actually ended up solving it, Isn't that amazing? Well my family sure thought so! I walked up to the counter and waited for a cashier to turn up.

Once they did I bought myself a donut and I sat down to eat when suddenly the door opened and a familiar face walked in. It was... L! I rushed up from my seat to greet him. "Wait isn't that creepy?!" I whispered to myself as I sat back down.

His eyes glanced over at me and a small smirk formed on his face. He gave me that 'I knew it' look. He ordered a frosted strawberry donut and then he sat down at my table. "Well hello there (Y/n)." L said, his voice kept monotone, and his face looked bored like always. "Why do you look so bored?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Oh nothing." He said adverting his eyes off of me to something else.

"Well whatever..." I said smirking. A waitress arrived and gave us our food. "Woah this is so fancy for a bakery!" I said looking around. "First time huh?" L said leaning towards me from across the table. "This place sells good food" He said, with a hint of enjoyment in his voice. "I bet it does!" I said biting into my donut.

I can't believe I'm hear right now! "Hey L, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you." I said leaning towards him so no one heard me. "I want to join the task force!"