Chapter 10: "Emptiness"

I fell into a dark sadness, an almost drowning sadness. I tried to speak so I could shatter the silence but nothing would come out. As the elevator moved, I felt I left my humanity in the limousine. "I'm going to die." I mumbled. I couldn't believe it, Light was Kira... he killed my dad... he saved my friend. How am I supposed to feel?! Nothing, that's right.

L turned to me with a concerned voice. "Hey (Y/n)-" Ryuzaki said trying to break the silence but before he could finish a familiar voice echoed as the elevator door slid open. "I've been waiting." Light said with an unnerving spine chilling laugh. "You had me worried!" Matsuda said jumping in. Aizawa walked up to check up on L and then everyone began to talk.

"Hey L, where's Watari...? He usually drives you." Light said with a small smirk. "He is on a break today, he is feeling a bit ill." L said as he gave Light an extremely cold stare. Light stopped smirking and then turned. "That's a shame." Light laughed. L quickly turned to Light wide eyed. "Did you do something?" Ryuzaki said quickly walking way close to him. "Of coarse not." Light said with a sarcastic concerned voice. Wait what am I doing?

Suddenly I just started walking up to Light. He stared at me as I stared back into his brown- no... red eyes! Slap! I slapped him across the face as he quickly shoved his hand onto where I had slapped. "Bastard." Light said angrily looking up at me. I walked right close to his face and whispered into his ear. "If I'm the target, just kill me already."

Lights eyes lit a bright red. Ryuzaki overheard, I could tell. The way his eyes shot open. "Hey now, let's not fight!" Aizawa stated quickly pulling me and Light away. "We're a team, right?" Matsuda said with concern. I rolled by eyes and sat down. I began to type and right. Eventually everyone did the same thing.

Then suddenly Ryuzaki stumbled up to me to chat. "Why would you say that?" He whispered in my ear angrily. "What's the problem, aren't I just a distraction?!" I whispered with sass. "I-I never said that!" He whispered awkwardly. "Just leave me alone..." I said started to quietly sob. He looked guilty and then sat back on his chair.

As I typed, I could have sworn that I heard Light snickering. But whenever I turned to him he was just doing his work. Work lasted forever, or it felt that way. Eventually a very enthusiastic girl came running in and breaking the silence. "Hey everyone!" He said smiling ear to ear. "Hello Misa." L said with boredom. "I found more clues about Kira!" Misa said with a surprised face.

"Really?!" Light said quickly standing up. "How wonderful..." He said unnervingly approaching Misa. He subtly rolled his eyes and then L stood up. "Stop Light, your under suspicion remember?" He said with dominance. Light stopped moving and then tilted his head to L. "Huh?" He said with a creepy smile.

"That again?" He said loudly. "I think your starting to go crazy L." Light said with a sassy face. L looked really upset about that statement. PTSD maybe? He turned to Misa. "Well, what did you learn?"