11. Ready? Fire!

Bonaparte apologizes for falling on top of you.
He quickly gets up and asks you if he hurt you; you respond to him by giving him a smile and then softly saying no.
Then, he extends his hand to help you; you take it, and soon your body stops making contact with the floor.
The sounds of guns and cannons firing, followed by men screaming for help, scare you.
Noticing this, the Emperor holds you tightly to make you feel safe.

It works; while grabbing his greatcoat firmly, after each shot is heard, and resting your head on his chest,  it does in fact make you feel safer.
He is there for you and you know it.
His breathing slows down after a few minutes whilst holding you in his arms. He seems calm and perhaps feels safe with you by his side too.

Your eyes begin to search the windmill's structure.
It seems really old, in fact, it's not functioning anymore.
You can spot some crates beside the door which you came in.
The lips placed on your beautiful face speak to the man of your dreams about the crates; and so he goes and sees what's inside them.

At first, it doesn't seem important, it appears to be just leftovers of hay; but taking a second look, and also using your hands to explore it, a small handgun is located in one of the crates.
Bonaparte stops in place for a solid minute; looking at the gun and then looking at you, he starts speaking.

Napoleon: "Have you ever... fired a gun?" He says while inspecting the gun. It's loaded.

Y/N: "I haven't, no."

Removing his own hidden handgun, from the back of his waist; he holds it in his right hand, and the recently found small handgun, in his left; he looks at you with sad eyes.

Napoleon: "Y/N... I have a plan but it will not work without your help."

Y/N: "I can help, Nappy~"

Napoleon: "Êtes-vous sûr?" (Are you sure?) "It will require you to shoot at another person."

This is when you understood why his eyes gave you such a sad expression.
The pure and kind heart that you possess couldn't allow your body to do such a thing.
But your brain soon tries to convince it with reason.
If it's the only option available, to get you, but most importantly, Bonaparte, out of danger, you'll have to do it; if you like it or not, shooting someone might be necessary.

Holding back your tears, you grab it from his hands and you ask him to teach you how to shoot.
He places his chest against your back and holds your hands firmly.
You feel his breathing, on your neck start to get more intense; he is no longer calm and neither are you.
The thumb of Bonaparte pulls the hammer of the gun.
His index finger presses against your own to show you how to pull the trigger.
The gun is not fired to avoid being heard inside the windmill.

Some soldiers can be heard just outside of the entrance of the windmill, but they don't come inside.
Bonaparte slowly opens the door and peeks outside.
It seems like a side had won, it was no longer too chaotic and the firing has stopped completely, at least for now.
Bonaparte is not sure who won; the men he was able to look at, had their uniforms ripped and almost gone. This made it hard on him to see if it was his army or the enemy.
Seeing that it's a good opportunity to get out, he first tells you about his plan.

Napoleon: "Listen to me, Y/N." He says while placing his hand on your shoulder and shaking it a bit.

Napoleon: "I am leaving the windmill first, while you stay inside. They are probably here because of me. So if it's me what they want, I'll give them that."

Napoleon: "Their attention will focus on me, and maybe they will start mocking me or asking questions." He says whilst looking outside to see if he sees anyone noticing him.

Napoleon: "I need you, Y/N, to cause a distraction by leaving the windmill and shooting the man closest to me." You look at him, delivering him a confused and innocent look.

Y/N: "I- I'm..." The words have trouble leaving your mouth. 

Napoleon: "If something happens to me, Y/N..." He pauses.

Napoleon: "Just keep running away, as fast as you can, and don't look back! Compris?" (Understood?)

Napoleon: "And..." He pauses again.

Napoleon: "Je veux que tu saches que je t'aime beaucoup, chérie." (I want you to know that I love you very much, darling.)