12. Josephine Arrives

The search for the new camp begins.
Bonaparte helps you get on his horse, but it seems like you have gotten the hang of it!
You decide to sit on the horse in a peculiar way.
Sitting in front of Napoleon but, instead of showing him your back, you decide to show him your front.

The small army, around you both, is staring, but you don't notice it; just Bonaparte does.
You two face each other, and, after you give him a smile, you rest your head on his chest and hug him.
Wrapping your legs around his waist shows how needy you can be, and he seems to like it.
Giving him a peck on the neck, you close your eyes and whisper: "I'm ready~"

His face doesn't change, he's displaying a serious one to impress his army.
But he doesn't seem to be able to hide his rosy cheeks, being warmer by the second because of you.
After commanding his army to advance, he tells them that he'll stay at the back.
His mind is concerned about disturbing you if the horse gallops too fast, and so, he stays behind just so his horse, Blanc, doesn't make too many sudden movements.

The sunset meets the army with a beautiful view but a cold wind.
As it's getting cold, you shiver a bit and you grab Bonaparte tightly.
He notices this and, without asking you if you're cold, he takes his greatcoat off and puts it on you.
Your back is fully covered but he makes sure to tuck you in more.

The left arm of the Emperor makes its way to cuddle you, and pulls you closer to him; just so his body warms yours.
Tiny drops of water are felt on your hair.
The clouds are gently crying.
Napoleon takes off his hat and places it on your head.

It's quite funny; if any person from afar spotted you two like this, they would mistake you, Y/N, for the Emperor.
His heart beats to the rhythm of the rain, slowly dropping on your back and occasionally making its way to your cheek.
He starts to shiver a bit. Noticing this, you ask him if he wants the greatcoat back.
He refuses and says he's fine.

But still being concern that he might get a cold, you offer him a deal; to split the greatcoat.
You two, inside his greatcoat.
After telling you a thousand times that he's fine, he finally gives in to your proposition.
And so, you rotate on the horse. Now showing him your back and pressing it against his chest.

Giving him his greatcoat back, he puts it on and pulls you closer to him.
It...seems to work! And it seems like it's way cozier this way.
Buttoning up his greatcoat, he touches your chest but apologizes right after.
It's incredible how warm and big his greatcoat is; His arms are the ones on the sleeves, as he needs them outside to control Blanc's reins.

You are still wearing his hat, sideways; like he does.
This makes it difficult for him to kiss you on your cheek, but that doesn't discourage him.
He decides to kiss you on the back of your neck.
Quickly falling asleep from all the love provided to you; your body naturally falls back.

Bonaparte's torso is there, preventing you from falling off the horse.
Your vision begins to fade while the Emperor of the French cuddles you once more with his arm.
Ah...to fall asleep while the rain is kissing you, Napoleon warming you, and the sunset greeting you...

A few hours pass by and the camp is finally spotted in the distance.
You are still deeply sleeping and Bonaparte doesn't wake you up either; he's letting you rest.
Soldiers and marshals are already in the area but the only tent available is the Emperors.
The other ones are still being set up.
Bonaparte slowly unbuttons his greatcoat; then, he gets off his horse and takes you with him, carrying you in his arms like a bride.

He goes inside his tent and gently places you on his bed.
Then, he signals someone to get some food ready and place it near the bed; just so if you wake up hungry, there will be something ready for you to eat.
Doing his best to cover you with the soft sheets, he also takes his hat off your head and places it on the floor, so you can be more comfortable.
Brushing your hair away so he can see your beautiful face better, he leans in and kisses you gently; applying almost no pressure on your lips to make sure you aren't disturbed.

It's no longer raining, but the cold night is still haunting the air with its freezing breath.
Bonaparte still decides to go outside to take a look around the camp; inspecting it and making sure everything is ready or almost ready, at least.
A few minutes after checking on things, he encounters a marshal who tells him that someone is coming to greet him soon.
Napoleon is confused, he's not expecting anyone. He asks who it is but the marshal refuses to answer this, as it was told to him to make it a secret.

The man tells him, however, that it's a good visit. One that he's been waiting for a long time...
This information makes Bonaparte's thoughts race each other; Who could it be?
A loud carriage arrives minutes later.
This noise wakes you up.

You start rubbing your eyes and yawning; you are still pretty sleepy but you make an extra effort to get out of bed.
You also start to look around while doing so; it seems like we've arrived, you think to yourself.
There is a small candle next to the tent's exit, you grab it so you can see your surroundings better.
The sound of the carriage is getting closer by the second, so you peek outside of the tent to see what's happening.

Spotting Bonaparte standing still next to a campfire, you also notice his army surrounding him.
The carriage is soon spotted too; you see two figures coming out of it; one man and one woman.
At first, you are having difficulty seeing their faces but as soon as they step closer to the campfire, that Napoleon is next to, their faces become clearer to you.
It's Lucien!...and...? You don't recognize the woman next to him; could this be the Austrian archduchess he is supposed to marry?