Chapter 6 - Awkward...

"Do you still have that black turtleneck?" Suga asked,giving no time for Akaashi to answer before asking another question. "And your loose, black boyfriend jeans?... Oh Oh! What about that beige-brown trench coat?!"

After about 30 minutes Suga had come up with what he called "The Iconic Suga LookTM"

Akaashi thought that it was a bit too much for a casual meet up but didn't have time to argue as his phone read 5:36. He quickly threw his phone, keys and wallet into the pockets of his beige trench coat, double and triple checking that he had everything before leaving his apartment and locking the door. On his way to the park Akashi felt his stomach filling up with dread, he looked down at his black Dr Martens anxiously.

"Oh no, I'm overdressed..." he mumbled to himself.

He was about to remove his two necklaces and rings to make it more casual, debating whether he should slide off his trench coat too but he was stopped by a familiar voice calling out to him

"Akaashi!" Kenma said as loud as he could make himself.

He was waving his hand slightly and Akaashi waved back, deciding that it wasn't worth the hassle since Kenma had already seen his outfit.

"Wow, you look fancy... What's the occasion?" Kenma said with a slight smirk.

"Ok, I get it. I didn't know what to wear so I got an old friend to help me and he always goes the extra mile." Akaashi sighed.

"The kind you can't say no to? Yeah Kuroo's like that. Speaking of Kuroo..." Kenma trailed off.

Before Akaashi got the chance to express his confusion he saw Kenma's expresion change as he yelled out.

"Kuroo!" He waved widely as he grinned.

Akaashi whipped around to see Kuroo walking their way with Bokuto right beside him. Akaashi turned back round to Kenma slowly, an expression of fear and pure disbelief flashing across his face.

"Kenma...No you didn't.

"Hm?" Kenma said,his face portraying a look of intrigue. "What didn't I do."

"No." Akaashi said softly but firmly. "Kenma you're better than this..."

"Am I really though..." Kenma trailed off again, turning to face the approaching figures.

"HEY HEY HEY!!" Bokuto yelled, jogging to reach Kenma and the figure beside him.

Akaashi was turned away and though it was only 06:00 since it was autumn it wasn't incredibly light out so Bokuto didn't recognize the man immediately.

Akaashi stiffened at the sound of Bokuto's voice, he pictured his face and imagined his huge grin. Akaashi slowly turned to face Bokuto, seeing the exact expression he had imagined on the handsome man.

Bokuto's expression changed as he looked the figure in front of him up and down, setting his gaze on Akaashi's mesmerizing eyes.

"You're really pretty..." Bokuto mumbled, just loud enough for Akaashi to hear.

"Hm!" Akaashi's body straightened up, seizing together as his heartbeat quickened and his face glowed red.

"Uuh!..." Bokuto pulled his hands from his hoodie pocket and started waving them in between his and Akaashi's faces, "I didn't mean-  No that's not-  Argh!" Causing his face to also burn a bright red.

Kenma giggled as he walked into Kuroo's arms, hugging him tightly. Both of them staring at the catastrophe unfolding in front of them. Bokuto and Akaashi nervously looking between themselves as Kuroo noted that he had never seen Bokuto this panicked before.

As if on cue they both turned to Kuroo and Kenma.

"BRUH?!" Bokuto screamed at Kuroo, looking utterly betrayed.

"Kenma, explain yourself." Akaashi said sternly, blocking Bokuto from his view.

"Damn, Kitten... Your friend is scary." Kuroo recoiled, turning to Bokuto instead. "You really had to go and crush on this salty bitch, huh?" He exclaimed dramatically, pointing at Akaashi who wasn't really paying attention.

"Dude!" Bokuto yelled, walking closer to Kuroo. "Shut up, you don't have to expose me y'know!"

"It's fine, he's too busy having this same exact conversation with Kenma right now.

Bokuto looked over to his left to see Akaashi blushing profusely, and talking heatedly with Kenma while Kenma was trying to hold back his snickering.

"Kenma..." Akaashi whined. "You could have at least told me you were planning this." He huffed.

"But then you wouldn't have come." Kenma retorted, matter of factly.

"Exactly!"

They started walking towards the nearest string of shops and as it became darker the streetlights slowly started illuminating their path ahead.

"It's beautiful..." Akaashi breathed, smoke forming in the now warm air he had exhaled.

"Yeah... It is" Bokuto whispered, turning his head slightly towards Akaashi.

Akaashi's face seemed to glow in the light, his expression was cold but Bokuto sensed an undeniable warmth within him. The light from the street lamps hit Akaashi's face just right, accentuating his features and making him, somehow, even more beautiful.

Akaashi caught Bokuto's gaze and turned a little to face him too. Bokuto was admiring Akaashi in a sort of trance and Akaashi giggled at the stupid gawking expression displayed on his face.

'Shit, his laugh was so cute...' Bokuto thought, almost saying it out loud but catching himself as his mouth opened.

A blush spread across Bokuto's cheeks, clearly visible in the evening light but was met by a matching color laying on Akaashi's face too. They kept walking, eyes still locked, smiling softly.

—————————————————————
Long chapter fo today :)
I have no idea what to do next lmao ;-;
Have a swag day/night lmao :)