Chapter 8 - the finale?!

Bokuto, who was still recovering from his daydream, only heard the part where Akaashi had dated a guy and had to physically stop himself from punching the air in excitement. He had at least a sliver of a chance now, Akaashi was into guys.

They continued to eat their food peacefully, occasionally talking or laughing at something stupid Bokuto did. Soon everyone had finished their food and were all suitably full.

Tipping the waiter generously, they got up and continued wandering about the town in the cool evening. As it got later, it started becoming colder too, with Kenma wrapping himself around Kuroo's arm to keep warm. Akaashi was freezing but didn't want to be bothersome and kept it to himself, and although Bokuto was dense, he noticed Akaashi shivering slightly.

'Should I offer him my hoodie?' Bokuto thought to himself. 'Is that too forward? Not forward enough?' He continued, spiraling in his own mind.

Just 15 minutes after leaving, Kenma cursed and announced that he had forgotten his keys in the diner, dragging Kuroo back towards the building. When Bokuto and         Akaashi expressed their concern and offered to accompany them, both Kuroo and Kenma opposed, Kuroo realizing that this was another one of Kenma's set-ups.

'Damn... My Kenma really is smart...' Kuroo thought, smiling down at Kenma sweetly.

They waved goodbye to Bokuto and Akaashi, promising to catch up with them soon. As soon as they were out of earshot, Kuroo started giggling, encouraging Kenma to join his sinister laughing fit and soon they were both holding their sides and cackling.

They walked back for about 5 minutes before turning around and following a couple streets behind Bokuto and Akaashi, who were completely unaware of the ongoing plot for them...

It had only been 10 minutes since Kenma and Kuroo had headed back but the temperature had already dropped considerably, Akaashi barely able to hide his shivering now. Bokuto also grew restless, wanting to give his hoodie to Akaashi but also thinking of any potential consequences...

'What if he thinks I'm a weirdo?...' bokuto thought, really doubting his simple actions. 'What if he's too polite to say he but he's actually freezing? Then I'll look selfish keeping my hoodie all to myself!...'

Fierce thinking of more, highly unlikely, possibilities, bokuto gave in.

"Hey, 'Kaashi..." he said accidentally missing the first 'a'. Cursing himself he continued: "Um... you look cold, do you want my hoodie?...

Akaashi didn't say anything for a few seconds but smiled at the nickname, making Bokuto anxious.

"I would love to... But you would be cold then, Bokuto..." Akaashi replied, sincerely.

Bokuto's heart ached, how could Akaashi be so beautiful but also so kind?! So perfect... in every way...

"Umm..." Bokuto sighed, deep in thought. "We could swap! I'll take your coat and you can take my hoodie!"

"..." Akaashi let silence hang in the air, hesitating. "Are you sure?"

"100%!" Bokuto nodded enthusiastically, making Akaashi's neck hurt just from watching.

Bokuto slipped his hoodie over his head, revealing a simple black T-shirt underneath as Akaashi slid his coat off gracefully. He held it out to bokuto who took it happily, handing over his baby pink hoodie.bokuto pulled the trench coat around his shoulders and turned to see Akaashi poking his head out of the hoodie.

'Mmm...' akaashi thought, wrapping himself in the extra folds of the hoodie. 'So warm... and it smells like caramel...'

Akaashi turned to Bokuto to thank him but was caught off guard by the wide grin staring back into his eyes. Bokuto was looking at akaashi with the brightest smile showing not only in his mouth but looking lovingly at Akaashi through his eyes.