Escapism

Don't you just want to throw everything away sometimes? It doesn't have to be a new start, just a change of some kind, a shift from the life you uphold right now, from all the expectations you have to keep fulfilling.

"Another reality would be nice."

Would you drop everything and run if someone asked you to, gave you the chance? Or are all these thoughts a waste of energy? Is your mind wandering a lot more lately, like mine? Have you thought of these ideas before?

Is your head always attached to your neck? Has it started to come loose, to detach itself from the rest of your body? Or is it only your mind that is trying to escape? How will you prevent it from fleeing? 

Would you rather let it? Would you gain anything from it? Perhaps the new reality you'd always wanted, but what would happen to the current one? But isn't that the point of it all, to be free of everything that weighs you down? 

What would you do if I told you that it is chains, not weighs, that hold you down? Would it make any difference? Would you break them, even if they are the only thing that keeps you grounded too? Would it change your reality?

Do you even think of it? Is it still the way you think, the same train of thoughts, recycled? Does another reality really sound like heaven to you, because you want it over with? Isn't it better to grow? Isn't that enough?

Can't you see how far you've come already?

"I do."