The Train

I impatiently tapped my foot and glanced at my watch. I had been waiting the least five minutes for my cousin to show up. I was getting antsy as the train would leave in twenty minutes and I hadn't yet gotten onto the platform. Finally,she arrived with her green eyes shining with joy. She was pushing her trolley at top speed. She winked at me and without stopping ran into the barrier between the platforms and disappeared. I blinked before hesitantly following her. I had already said goodbye to my parents before entering the station so I was nervous as hell.

I felt a little cool as I sped through the wall but aside from that it was alright. I kept my eyes shut tight though just in case. I opened them now though. There were hundreds of kids milling around surrounded by friends and parents. I suddenly felt very alone. Lily grabbed my hand and tugged me along, weaving through the throngs of ppl to a loading bay. We handed over our trunks keeping our pets and a rucksack each. I held Stella's cage close as she didn't seem to light the crowds. She hissed through the bars but Lily's owl seemed unbothered.

Lily was chattering at top speed as she dragged me onto the train and into a compartment. "I can't wait for you to meet the girls!" She exclaimed "I told them all about you and they can't wait to meet you. There's Dorcas, Alice, Marlene and Mary."
"Hey Evans." A boy was leaning against the doorframe of the compartment.
"And of course there are always the irritations."
"You judge me so harshly." Replied James feigning pain. A boy appeared behind him with shoulder length black hair and dark black eyes. "Ah rejected again Prongs." He laughed. "And you must be Lily's cousin. She wouldn't stop ranting about how crap the ministry are when she heard. I'm. Sirius Black and you are?"
"Catherine Price but no one calls me that everyone just calls me Cat." I smiled
"Well I"ll see you at Hogwarts Kitten." He smirked and walked off down the train. I blushed at his words. James followed after him. Lily swatted my arm "Don't encourage him. Sirius is a player and I don't want to see you get hurt."
"He's just being friendly." I responded weakly. She tutted and checked her phone.

I let Stella out her cage and watched the countryside speed by as I idly stroked her fur.