The Dancing Lessons

"This year you will be allowed to attend the Yule Ball." Announced McGonagall as we sat in transfiguration on that chilly December morning. "It will take place on Christmas Eve therefore you must all know how to dance and so your dancing lessons will begin fifth period today." I gulped. I was terrified I would have two left feet. My boyfriend wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Would my lovely girlfriend like to go to the ball with me." He said. "Of course." I said winking at him. "Bet you five galleons James asks Lily before lunch."
"Done. And I bet you a kiss she goes stag with the girls." I giggled
"You don't need to make a bet to get a kiss off me." He smirked knowingly.

As we walked to astronomy I saw James rush past. "Evans."
"No James." Said Lily not bothering to look behind her.
"Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"
"No!" She replied exasperated and stalked off. I held out my hand and Sirius handed over the coins with a sigh. "Come on James have some self respect." James shrugged and dropped back to walk with us. "You two are so cute I want to puke." He complained.
"They are adorable James leave them alone." Said Remus "Yeah just because you've been mooning over Lily since first year." Added Marlene. "I do not moon." Replied James indignantly. We all burst out laughing. "Whatever." He huffed.

Fifth period came too fast and I was already in the hall preparing for dancing lessons. I shuddered involuntarily. "You okay Kitten?" Asked Sirius. I nodded "Just nervous." I confided. "Don't laugh," began Sirius "but I used to take ballet." I snorted "Oi!"
"Sorry." I giggled "I'm a little less nervous now though." He smiled.

McGonagall demonstrated a few steps of the dance. "Everyone find a partner and begin." She commanded. We were practising with the Sytherins in our year to. Dorcas partnered Remus. Mary partnered Peter. I was with Sirius and Lily was dancing with Severus. James looked absolutely crestfallen. Marlene grabbed his hand and proceeded to lead him in a dance and apparently scolding him for mooning over Lily again.

I actually found the steps quite easy to follow all I had to do was look at Sirius and I was fine. My boyfriend spun me around until I was giddy. I giggled earning us both a glare from Professor McGonagall. Peter seemed to be constantly stepping on Mary's feet and constantly apologising for it. Marlene was clearly leading James not the other way round in true Marlene style. She never would stand behind a man. Dorcas and Remus were swaying to the beat and holding a conversation about plants from what I caught. Alice was swaying with Frank on the other side of the hall-her long time crush. My cousin was engaged in an animated conversation with Severus as he practically tripped over his own feet trying to keep up with her.

This Ball was certainly going to be interesting that was for sure I thought to myself. I looked into Sirius' eyes and knew it would all end all right. His sparkling eyes could never be wrong.