The Bet

"Cat. Cat wake up." Marlene was shaking me awake. "It's 9am, here have some toast." She said handing me a slice of golden bread. I took it gratefully trying not to get crumbs all over the bed. "Sorry," I spoke between mouthfuls "I couldn't sleep last night so I'm really tired."
"Okay well the game starts in an hour I'll meet you in the common room." I nodded and moved to the bathroom to get ready.

Today my eye makeup was red with gold glitter and a red lipstick to show my Gryffindor pride. I grabbed a pair of ripped mom jeans, a black belt, a white tank top and a red flannel with my usual doc martens. I raced down to the common room. Marlene was stood with Lily, Sirius, Remus and James.

Sirius looked me up and down before pulling off his jumper and throwing it at me. I looked at him questioningly "You're gonna freeze if you just wear that." He stated.
"Won't you be cold?" I asked. He shrugged and went back to talking to James. Marlene wiggled her eyebrows at me and I shoved her arm playfully. The boys left to get ready and we followed not long after with Remus in tow. "Hey Marlene, how many points is a goal in quidditch." I asked
"10 points why?"
"Erm how many points does Sirius usually score?"  I asked nervously
"Oh gods loads." I made an unintelligible noise in the back of my throat and kept walking ignoring the funny look Marlene was giving me.

I sat in the stands wearing Sirius' jumper with my arms wrapped around myself. He was right I would have frozen without it. I yawned holding my hand to my mouth. The sleeves were to long and so I inhaled the scent of whiskey and cigarettes and a hint of wet dog from the grey wool. I smiled at the comforting smell.

The game began. Within ten minutes Sirius had scored three goals. With a sinking feeling I realised I was definitely not winning this bet and could only hope Sirius wouldn't make me do something embarrassing. The Gryffindor team were winning by miles and the snitch was nowhere in sight. Sirius scored his fifth goal and flew close by the stands as winked at me before flying back into the game.

Suddenly, there was a shout from the commentator "Both seekers are diving they must have seen the snitch!"  But I wasn't looking at the seekers as I saw a bludger racing towards Sirius' head hit by one of the Slytherin beaters. It collided with the back of his head and he fell from his broom. Luckily, he was about 15m in the arm so he landed in a heap with a crunch rather than a splatter. "And the Gryffindor seeker had caught the snitch, Gryffindor win!" Everyone cheered but I was already on the move heading down towards the pitch. I changed course as I saw Professor McGonagall levitate Sirius off the pitch heading towards the castle. I ran to the hospital wing.

I waited outside for about half an hour. "Miss Price." Said McGonagall startled to find me outside the door. "May I see him professor?" I asked. She nodded and swept away. Tentatively, I entered the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey smiled at me as I passed her. "Honestly, not a quidditch game goes by that either Potter or Black ends up here." She tutted jokingly. I smiled weakly.

Sirius was sat up in the white bed. "Are you okay?" I asked. His eyes widened and he stammered "What are you doing here?"
"Checking you're alright, I hardly came to admire the scenery." I responded sarcastically. He rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed.  "Nobody normally bothers to come and find me they are usually celebrating and I'll be out soon anyway." I frowned and sat on the end of the bed. "Is getting hit in the head with a bludger not cause for concern here?"
"I play chaperone to a werewolf every full moon what do you think?" I shrugged and changed the subject "I guess I lost the bet. It was rather unfair to make see as I know so little about quidditch but I'll let it slide for now so what do you want me to do?" Sirius smirked and beckoned me closer. Warily, I moved up the bed.

"What I want from you Kitten is simple." I raised my eyebrows. "Close your eyes." he said  "Why?" I said worriedly. He sighed.
"It's nothing bad I promise." I looked at him for a moment before slowly closing my eyes. I heard him shift the sheets and felt the mattress dip as he moved closer to me. I could feel his hot breath on my cheek and felt a cool hand with slim fingers caress the back of my neck brushing aside my fiery locks.

His lips brushed against mine in a chaste kiss. When I didn't pull away he touched his lips against mine again in a proper kiss this time. It felt like I had a pit of liquid fire in my belly as I wrapped my arms around him. One hand tangled in his black silky hair as the kiss intensified into a battle of tongues and teeth. He forcefully gentled it biting lightly at my bottom lip making me moan slightly as he pulled away. We were both breathing hard as I opened my eyes.

He smiled at me and I felt my heart melt a little. "You can keep the jumper." he said. I giggled. "Your a really good kisser by the way." He said as he pulled me against him and lay back so my head was on his chest. "That was my first kiss." I responded sheepishly.
"Good because I was just debating killing anyone else who had done that with you." He said absent mindlessly stroking my hair. I giggled feeling very content with his arm around my waist.

"Ahem." I looked up to see Professor McGonagall and  turned into something resembling a tomato. "Mr Black you may leave now."
"Okay Minnie." He replied cheekily and she stalled away. I hid my face against his chest. " Merlin that was mortifying." I muttered. He laughed and I felt the reverberations emanating from his chest. "Your adorable." he said. "Let's get going before Lily and Marlene think you've been kidnapped." I giggled.

Sirius grabbed his broom and boots and we headed back to the tower.