chapter 13

It was a cosmic black empty space. Well, because it was space. The ninja had jumped into a spare compartment of the rocket that the nindroids commanded.

The ninja drifted around aimlessly with no gravity to pull then down. Jay was acting like he was in a bed, letting go and relaxing.

"Is this the greatest thing ever, or what!?" Jay exclaimed.
"Where are you?!" Kai yelled.
"We're trapped in space and you-- where did you go?!" Kai was a little angered that Jay was taking this a little to lightly.

"Guys, we're in space!" Jay said.
"I thought this was only stuff Fritz Donnegan gets to enjoy!" He exclaimed acting like he was walking.
"Fritz is from a comic book, dude--" Lloyd said as the clashed against the wall.
"This is real!"

"Well, you got me hooked on the character! Would you lighten up and not step on my dreams of being a real starferrer just yet?" Jay punched the air.
"Jay! We have a mission-- woah!" Morro reminded just dodging Lloyd floating past.
"Sorry!" Lloyd called.
"You can't let this distract you!" Morro finished.

"We have to find a way to take control of the ship! Ehh." Lloyd said trying not to flip over.
"If they get the golden weapons back to the Overlord, Ninjago doesn't stand much of a chance! WOAHH!" Lloyd yelled as he bumped into Kai and flew across the ship.

"But there's no access to the rest of the ship." Kai said drumming his head.
"The only way out is through the same air lock we came in." Kai reminded.
"And, if my memory banks serve correct, space has a way of taking one's breath away." Zane said looking out a small window.
"In the negative sense." He finished.

In the command, piloting area of the ship, nindroids were working away except for Cryptor who was just sitting on a chair instruction everyone.
"Delta-V guidance. Data point: 0-30. Initiate auto sequencing." Cryptor said.

Min-droid saluted and flew to a control screen. His feet locked on the ground with a magnetic pull. 5 minutes was a timer set.

"Enjoy it while you can, Jay." Zane moved his way to a little screen map.
"Because in 5 minutes, the entire ship is scheduled to lighten up!" Zane informed as Lloyd smacked into another wall.
"The supemental boosters are set to detach!" Zane finished.

"Uh, I'm a ninja, not an astronaut." Kai said.
"Yeah, I wish I u derstood what you said, but I don't. At all." Cole added.
"The portion of the ship we are currently stationed will soon detach and we will be abandoned in space with it." Zane said.

The ninja exchanged worrying glances. Except for Lloyd who was still struggling to move around.

"Hello? Kai? Anyone? Can you read me?" A girl's voice started to come through the screen.

"We read you loud and clear!" Kai responded, recognizing his sister's voice.

The team back in Ninjago cheered with relief. They had found away to hack into the ship's system and communicate with the ninja.
"Good to hear you, boys. We're going to help you get home safe." Wu said.

"Pixal was able to find the blueprints for the rocket." The sensei informed as Pixal nodded.
"You need to escape the cargo hold before it's too late. Near the front of the ship, is an A-2 storage compartment." Wu informed.
"Inside are emergency space suits."

"That's weird. Having space suits for people in a ship piloted entirely by nindroids." Morro called out.
"Whatever, we know they're there, but, that would be a doozy!" Cole exclaimed.
"We can't get the space suits unless we go outside!" Cole said, accidentally hitting Lloyd.
"Problem is, we can't go outside without the space suits. Any other suggestions?" Cole asked.