Chapter 5

Sweets and sweethearts

-

"So...", I mumbled, awkwardly trying to make conversation whilst we walked along in the pitch black darkness.

I always felt bad when I left the other person to make conversation but tbh I can't be bothered most of the time.

But this was Phil.

Daniel, do it for Phil.

Please him.

Goddamnit

Everything I say sounds remotely sexual.

"Uhh- What're we gonna do at your friend's?", I murmured, not noticing if he could even hear me.

I looked across at him, his magnificent eyes shone in the glorious moonlight.

He turned to look at me, causing me to turn away in embarrassment.

"Watch a movie, play some games? I don't know but we'll have some fun", he smiled until his eyes opened wider, "oops that sounded uh- dodgy".

I laughed at him and he nudged me gently in return.

We walked in silence for a few minutes until he glanced across at my perplexed expression...

It might've looked like I was constipated but I was actually trying to come up with something to say. Aaaand I was failing.

"Hey, I'm fine with the quiet, it's a comfortable silence", he could sense I was slightly tense.

"Uhm- I-", I stuttered.

No Dan, try harder.

Say something.

Now.

"But I hardly know you and I want to get to know you more and I don't know what to say because I'm all shy and flustered because you seem so sweet and amazing and I REAAALLY want to impress you but I'm too big a dork to do or say anything because I'll end up getting tongue tied and I'll mess up all my words simply because I'm speechless whenever I see you. My words seem to fall out of my mouth", I sighed heavily, noticing his concerned expression.

"Wow, I'll take that as a compliment but hey, I can help you talk... That... Sounded weird", he giggled, "Any bands you like?".

Dan

Dan, listen here, this is your conscience speaking, whatever you do DON'T let your inner fangirl take over.

DON'T overly enthuse him about Muse

... Or

Fall Out Boy

... Or

Kanye West (and why he's the Kanye best).

Don't Dan.

Bad Daniel.

"Well, I'm glad you asked. Here's my 576 page essay on why 'Bands R me frands'", I started, "heh... Just kidding but I love Muse", I said, noticing his smile widen.

"Well, I've already found my soulmate", he smirked.

"Shut up", I teased in return.

"Make me... Preferably with your mouth", he winked.

"You wish".

"You bet I do", he turned his head to gaze back up at the moon.

We continued to walk on in a comforting and content silence until Phil turned to walk up the drive to a fairly large house.