Chapter 3

A/N: Hello peoples! I hope you enjoy this chapter. And have a lovely state of being! I also apologize for this not being as long as my last chapter. I kinda wanted to try and leave this one on more of a cliffhanger. I will be trying to make the next one longer than this one. But we'll see how that goes. Anyways, again, enjoy.

:)

*Y/n's POV*

"She'll be late if we don't wake her up now!" A voice whisper-shouted.

"But she looks so tired! Shouldn't we just leave her?" Another argued.

"Come on! Donna already went down!" Someone said rather loudly.

"Shhh!" Hissed two voices.

Getting tired of hearing voices speaking around me, but not being able to see who they belonged to, I forced my eyes open.

"Marlene! You woke her up!" Someone huffed.

I looked up to see Mary and Lily standing in front of me. Slowly raising my head off my desk, I looked around the room and spotted Marlene standing over by the stupid squeaky door. I looked down at the desk I had been sleeping on. Most of the words I had been writing were now smudged, and the parchment they were written on was crinkled.

"Good morning sleepy head.' Mary snickered. 'You kinda sorta have something on your face."

"Is it a look of annoyance because Marlene woke me up with her obnoxious yelling?" I asked sarcastically.

"Hey!" Marlene yelled.

"See, there she goes again." I said.

Lily, Mary, and I laughed as Marlene crossed her arms and scowled.

"That's not exactly what I meant, Y/n.' Mary giggled. 'What I was getting at is that there is something that looks a lot like ink, smudge on the side of your face."

"Oh. So that's what happened to my parchment." I said, looking back at the desk.

"You didn't go to sleep after I asked, did you?" Lily questioned.

"Welllll...."

"Y/n, you need to get more sleep!"

"Sleep is rubbish."

"I happen to find sleep very lovely!" Marlene huffed, still standing by the door.

I sighed. "Fine. I'll make sure I get an extra minute of sleep tonight."

Lily and Mary frowned at me. I snickered and stood up from the desk. Pain shot through my back as I stood up. I figured that it was probably to do with the fact that I fell asleep hunched over on the desk. But it might have also been the fact that there was a large scar on my back that still hadn't completely healed. Pushing through the pain, I went over to my trunk to see if I had a spare set of clean robes.

"We have to hurry, breakfast will be over in about 25 minutes!" Marlene called, halfway out the door.

"Oh shit!" I panicked and accidentally threw my hair brush in the air.

*Time skip*

The Great Hall was SO loud. Even though breakfast was almost over, there were still quite a few people left. If it weren't for my love for food and wanting to spend time with my friends, I would have already run out the doors and gone to class early. First period that day was Herbology with the Ravenclaws. I had never been particularly rubbish at Herbology. Although I had managed to kill the cactus that I got for my 13th birthday. Even when I was told that cacti were exceptionally difficult to kill, I still managed it.