seven

"i'm fine... i think i can manage to go back."

seri tried to hop down the bed but renjun immediately blocked her, slowly shaking his head. "just stay here, okay?"

the girl was stubborn. she shook her head. "i'm gonna miss the lesson!"

"then i'll teach you or give you my notes then," renjun prompted, trying to make the girl stay and rest for the rest of the day.

seri's ears pricked at the statement. "you'll teach me? really?"

renjun nodded at tousled her hair. "why not? i can teach yoi tommorow jusy stay here."

seri slumped her back to the bed and covered herself with the blanket. "you said it yourself, you'll teach me." the girl was grinning.

it made renjun release a chuckle, slightly amused with the girl. "yes, i promise. just stay put."

the girl nodded. it wasn't that bad after all so she'll let donghyuck pass this time.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

"seri, aren't you going home yet?" the nurse asked seri who was busy fishing through her backpack out of boredom.

she craned her neck to glance at the wall clock hanged against the wall. she quickly ran her tongue oever her lips as she saw that it was already pass four.

what was she expecting? why was she still there?

seri didn't even know. maybe a part of her was expecting renjun to pay her a visit or to fetch her. luckily, dongsook had already gave her bag a couple of hours ago.

"maybe i should head home. thanks nurse moon!" she sang out, placing her bag's sling on her shoulder.

she gave a smile before exiting the infirmary, letting out a sigh out of dismay before she started to stroll towards the bus stop.

she was just a few steps away from the stop went she received a light tap on her right shoulder. seri craned her neck to look back and saw renjun.

his palms were on his knees and he was panting. his hair were a little damped which made the girl gawk at him. she could find a flaw present at him... oh, he's friends with donghyuck which seri would consider a flaw.

"why did you left already?" he struggled.

seri blinked her eyes, still can't swallow the fact that renjun was really here, infront of her, panting, gasping for air.

"why are you here?"

renjun brushed his hair away from his face. "i... i was suppose to fetch you from the infirmary." his chest rose and fell with rapid breaths. "then i saw you walking outside the campus, i called you out but you didn't even look back."

oh, she bit her lower lip, suppressing the smile that's tempting to be shown. "why would you even fetch me?"

renjun was stunned. why would he ecen do such thing? "i don't know..." he looked away. "may be because i know that bus would be late today..."

seri's brows rose. how did he know that her bus are always late during fridays? was he looking at her too? she brushed the thoughts off. she didn't want to assume things.

"you still have your shift, renjun," she reminded him.

renjun scratched the back of his head while his cheeks were heating up. "oh... i wanted to take you home..."

a smile had escaped her lips. "then i'll wait here." seri sat at the bus stop.

renjun smiled at her, slightly amused. "then i'll go work now."

seri's eyes followed his back until he entered the shop a few meters from the bus stop she's at. she started swinging her legs in glee.

"you like him, huh?"

her smile disappear as she lifted her eyes, meeting his. he still had his usually stern facial expression.

seri still smiled, remembering that renjun would take her home. "why? maybe i do like him. what would it do with you?"

she saw his adam's apple move. "his shift's until six, you're willing to wait?"

seri rolled her eyes. "waiting that long would be better than waiting until 8 for the bus."

he walked towards his bike, he hopped on it and returned his eyes on seri. "hop on."

seri's brows furrowed. donghyuck's words seemed ridiculous for her. "just go home."

he clicked his tongue and tousled his hair. "your brother keeps on calling me. he wants you home already."

her eyes widen. "how did he get your number?!"

donghyuck just smirked. "just hop on, seri."

a/n: 90s love's a bop guys