Sleep

Chapter 9: Sleep
DISCLAIMER: I do not own PJO or HOO... *crying*

Percy felt terrible, TERRIBLE! His head was pounding, as if someone had stuffed one of Hephaestus' forges inside, while the god himself was working.

His eyes were so tired! But every time he closed his eyes, they would sting.

So there he lay underneath his covers, hiding from the terrible light outside his window.

Triton, wonderful Triton, obviously thought it would be fun to roast his poor eyeballs! Oh, and he was getting their dad, ugh...

It wasn't like he didn't want his dad to take away all the bad stuff, he really did want to curl up next to him and die, (not literally of course!) but every time he saw his dad lately, he was either crying, or well... crying.

His father was most definitely, gonna be annoyed with him any time now...

Poseidon was a god, and yet he had to endure his snotty, sobbing, whining, 16 year old son! Great... he was gonna be disowned, cast out, alo...

"Percy, hey, are you there?"His destructive thoughts where interrupted by his fathers voice in the doorway.

Percy heard his footsteps come towards him.

"Why couldn't you sleep?"

His covers where slowly removed..

"Peeeercyyyy?

"Whine"

"Perseus..."

Whole name! Surrender!

"I couldn't sleep..."

"Why not?"

Percy thought about it, nightmares was a regular problem, but lately..

"Percy" His fathers voice firmer this time.

"I-I don't know! Before I would be woken up by nightmares, but now I just don't sleep at all.."

Percys covers were pulled further down so he could look straight into his dads eyes.

"Do you want me to help you?" The Sea God said softly.

"I could make you go to sleep, no dreams or anything, you can decide how long.."

"Really?" Percy said, dreamless sleep was Elysium for most demigods, no flashbacks, no watching someone evil make a plot against the world that may, or may not be real and most of all, no watching everyone you love die a horrible death while screaming at you to save them.

Poseidon nodded, giving him a soft smile.

"Can I sleep until like tomorrow morning?"

His dad chuckled "Sure Perce"Poseidon's POV

Percy looked up at me expectantly. I closed my eyes, focusing.

Even though I had done it hundreds of times, and never gotten it wrong...

I knew it was stupid , but making Percy fall asleep, and then not being able to wake him up was at the moment my biggest fear.

Opening my eyes, I pushed two fingers to his forehead, watching his eyes glaze over, before closing.

I swear I could hear him let out a sigh of relief...

Percy looked so peaceful.. I hadn't seen him like that in a long time, not even when I watched him sleep in his cabin at camp.

Sitting down at his bedside, I pushed some stray hair out of his face.

In the huge bed, Percy looked so small! Percy was very strong, but lithe.. He had a lean swimmers build, not like one of those bulky Ares-kids. He wasn't very tall either...

Seeing him in a gigantic king bed, just using a tiny part on the side, made him look, well, fragile..

It was always painful watching my children die, but Percy was special, so kind, selfless and brave.

He couldn't just... die...

I sighed, I hadn't always been there for him in the past. But now that he is here, I'm going to savor every moment.

Pulling down the covers, I lift him up, holding him to my chest while scooting to the middle of the bed.

Lying down, I pull the covers up to cover us both.

A light kiss to Percy's forehead, and I fall asleep.

—–—Triton's POV

After leaving mother in the kitchen, I walk after father.

He is angry, the water churning around him, so I keep my distance.

I walk silently after, hoping to talk to him when he comes out of Percy's room, to apologize for being such a jerk to my new brother.

Father walks up to the bedroom door, standing outside for a while. I feel the water still around him, before he walks inside.

I hear voices talking silently inside, I walk closer. I don't usually eavesdrop, I'm a prince! Father didn't leave the door properly closed, that makes things easier.

Through the crack in the door, I watch as my father presses two fingers to my brothers forehead.

Afterwards he just sits there, watching him, obviously in deep thought.

Sighing heavily father pulls down the covers before cradling Percy in his arms and laying down in the middle of the king-sized bed, pulling up the covers to cover them both.

I watch as kisses Percy goodnight and he falls in to a deep sleep, before closing the door. I remember father doing that to me, when I was very young, I guess it's my fault that he stopped, I meant I was to old..

I will never admit it out loud, but I really miss those times.

THANK YOU FOR READING! Virtual cookies for all who review! (::)(::)

There is still time to vote! Two chapters back for more info! VOTE!

Aww... poor Triton, I'm actually going to fit in some Triton and Poseidon bonding! Also, I need ideas! Come with everything you have! Nothing is to crazy, or fluffy!

Write your ideas in a review! And VOTE!