Ransom

Chapter 13: Randsom
DISCLAIMER: I do not own PJO or HOO... Unfortunately.

Percy's POV

Percy sat up in bed, blinking groggily, swinging his legs of the bed he... Swinging his legs... Swinging. his. legs... Swinging...AAAARRGH! SWINGING HIS LEGS! Why wasn't anything happening!? His legs wouldn't budge, they were just laying there numb, tingling slightly.

Percy removed the covers and stared at his legs, willing them to work. Jedi-powers... COME ON! Bending over, he poked at them...

Poke... nothing, not the slightest feeling.

Poke. Nada.

Poke.

Poke.

Pinch.

"Ow! Dammit!" That. Hurt. Like. Hell. Usually, Percy wouldn't say (or think) that. 'Cause he'd been there. Done that. And it was bad! But that hurt!

Okay, so his legs where numb and unmoving... Useless. But still super-sensitive?

What was going on? He remembered when he woke up in the dark waters, and his legs wouldn't work. This was the same thing, just that now they where sensitive.

Looking closely, he realized his skin was pale, not pale, pale. But bluish-pale... Shifting so his legs where hit by sunlight. He observed his legs, trying to find the problem. His skin looked pale-blue and, shiny? It looked like they were covered in tiny, shiny scales. A little like when the sun hit those beautiful rainbow-fish outside his window at Atlantis in the morning.

Lying down, Percy sighed, what was wrong with his life right now?Metaphorical question peeps! The only answer is... EVERYTHING!

After about 20. minutes of tingly torture, his legs where back to normal and he got up, ready to explore his shiny new prison.

Poseidon's POV

The past two days had been horrible for a certain sea god. He was tired and hungry, but none of that mattered...

He had his youngest son over (Yes, Tyson was older than Percy in normal years, but a cyclops aged slower mentally) for two and a half day, two and a half! And already Poseidon had lost him to an unknown enemy.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why didn't he give him guards, why couldn't he just have asked Percy about the whole prince hood thing? Why couldn't Triton have held his mouth shut? Why didn't he follow him?

The god's parenting self-esteem had hit a new low, never had he felt this worthless as a father.

On top of it all, Zeus had called for an emergency-meeting... Which never were actual emergencies, just him rambling on about who broke which rule, people and gods disrespecting him blah blah blah...

And now, he sounded like Dionysus!

This wasn't good for him, Poseidon knew that. Getting this attached to a mortal, demigod child. What would happen when 'no, no, can't think like that...' IF Percy died? He would never forgive himself if it was in any way his fault! Even if it wasn't!

Poseidon sighed, imagining Olympus, he teleported away.

No one's POV

"You're late" Zeus grumbled as Poseidon appeared through the doors of the throne room.

"What? No; Oh, I'm so glad you dropped everything important you were doing, just to come listen to me whine about gods disrespecting me?" Poseidon replied, making a loud whiny voice when he pretended to be Zeus.

"I do not sound like that! Also, that is exactly what I mean! You have no respect!" Zeus said indignantly.

Poseidon just rolled his eyes, "Is there any important reason I am here you good-for-nothing air-for-brains?"

The room went quiet. Zeus' eyes flared, he took a few deep breaths to calm himself.

Before he could reply, however, Athena spoke up.

"Did someone get up on the wrong side of bed, fish-breath?" She challenged.

"I am not in the mood for your games, Athena." Poseidon replied in a deceivingly calm voice, as he walked to his throne.

Athena looked at her rival surprised, he never used her real name.

"Yo, uncle P! What's up with you today?" Apollo said cheerily with a blinding grin, as Poseidon took his seat at the counsil.

"I am tired, and busy. I have far more important things to do!" He growled, before slumping in his throne, heaving a sigh and starting to rub his temples.

Hestia looked at her brother worriedly, "Does this have something to do with the 52 floods and quite a few tsunamis the past two days?" She wondered aloud.

"Yes" Poseidon groaned, before continuing "Now get on with it Zeus, so I can get out of here"

The rest if the meeting went quite smoothly, it was the usual topics, the only difference was the silence. Poseidon and Athena wasn't fighting, which alone was enough to make an awkward silence reign between the ones who was not talking.

When Zeus was about to dismiss the council, one of the guards that were positioned outside the main doors, came in "There is a man outside, wishing to speak with Lord Poseidon"

"Did he say what he wishes to speak to me about?

"No my lord, but be said you really want to discuss this with him"

Poseidon moved to get up, but Zeus called out before he could. "Let him enter." Poseidon looked annoyed, but sat back down anyhow.

Poseidon's POV

A young man entered, wearing a dark cloak, holding a sort of scroll. He had dark hair, eyes and quite pale skin. Poseidon realized he looked vaguely familiar, not his face, just how he walked and his figure.

"My lords, my ladies" He said, with a smooth voice, bowing deeply.

That voice, it was so familiar!

"You wished to speak with me?" Poseidon asked.

"I did, my lord. I have a quite urgent matter, my master told me to

discuss with you. I am only the messenger."

Poseidon studied him closer as he talked, he looked human, but to enter Olympus, you had to be at least a quarter divine.

"Well then, before we proceed, your master's name?"

"I'm afraid he ordered me not to tell, you will understand when I tell you what I'm here to discuss." The man replied, the Olympians exchanged wary glances, having noticed the weird glint in the messenger's eye.

"Well then, what is it you would like to discuss?"

"Something that missing from your realm, say two days ago?" The glint in his eye intensified as Poseidon tensed up.

A sound close to a growl came from deep down Poseidon's throat, he gripped at his trident so hard his knuckles turned white, his eyes were flaring, his teeth bared... He looked absolutely feral.

"So," The man continued "You know what I'm talking about?"

The rest of the Olympians were silently discussing, trying to figure out what was making their usually stoic, stone-faced Poseidon react like this. They had all summoned their weapons, ready to attack in case the man was a threat.

"What do you want?" Poseidon snarled.

"I, don't want anything, my master, however, does. We've been trying to get something to make you give in to his demands for years, and now, we have what we need. If you don't do as we say, you will never see you precious little baby-boy again" the man paused, before adding "at least not in one piece."

THANK YOU FOR READING! Virtual cookies to all who review!(::)(::)

Now, I know many thought the story went a bit to dramatic to fast, but I needed something to make Poseidon realize how he almost can't live without Percy. And making Triton help search for him, will make their bond stronger, the same with Amphitrite. However, when Percy comes back to Atlantis, there will be lots of fluff and bonding!