24. My Family

At the hospital they literally had to pry Adonis away from me

At the hospital they literally had to pry Adonis away from me. I sit with everyone in the horrible waiting room, waiting impatiently for news. Dad and Amber are by my side, Amber resting her head on my shoulder and Dad holding my hand like I'm still his baby girl.

Bones sits in front of me. "Sorry, Tater Tot. I moved as fast as I could."

"It's okay," I say with a smile. "All that matters is that everyone is okay."

He takes a deep breath. "It was a good thing your dad and Arch just came back."

"When did you strike a deal with the cops?" Archie asks him.

"A few weeks ago. It's the reason why I went on the run. Adonis thought it was because dad figured us out, but he had actually caught me the minute I stepped foot into the department. He's had guys planted there for some time now. Luckily, the agent leading the investigation on the Silencers wasn't."

Apparently, Bones had made a deal that he'd give them his dad and any higher ups if they'd leave some of the club members out of it. He only had to wait for the next shipment of supplies.

When he went to the Salvation club for back up, dad and Archie had gotten back from their trip. They managed to get Adonis's dad and Bones contacted the agent he had worked with to come and shut the place down.

Adonis's dad was taken away in handcuffs and we were promised he'd never be part of society again, especially with the shipment of drugs I had destroyed with my paintball explosions and illegal weapons they found hidden deep in the paper mill.

"I knew the only way of getting rid of him was to either kill him or give him up."

"I'm really glad I didn't end up killing him," I whisper out.

Dad holds me tight. "I'm so furious with you girls but I'm more relieved that you're okay."

Archie stretches his hand out to Bones. "Thank you. You may not want to join but your welcomed to if you want."

Bones gives a sad smirk as he shakes his hand. "I don't know what I'll do. Someone's got to watch out for these guys and since other higher ups got away, I have to lay low. We were able to get my dad thanks to you guys, but this means the war isn't over."

"We cut the snake's head off," Archie states. "We'll have peace for a little while and we'll keep you and the others at the clubhouse until its safe."

Bones chuckles. "He was right about you guys. I had a feeling you wouldn't strip him."

Dad speaks up, "He's proved himself over and over again."