Chapter Three: Leo Chance

"Are you gonna help with dinner tonight?" Saviour asks, throwing herself down on the couch next to me with a grin. She's my adoptive mother so she's always making sure I've eaten and she comes to all of my school functions without even thinking about it.

I love her for that. 

I could've gotten emancipated, become my own adult, and they gave me that choice but I've always wanted parents so I accepted Saviour and Reign as my own as soon as they offered to do so. I don't live at their place as we all spend most of our time here anyway. It's also expected for prospects to live in the clubhouse so we can do all the shitty chores and be ready to do our duties as soon as the sun comes up. I would've had to have woken up even earlier as I'd have to drive from theirs to here, it would kill me.

"Sure." I twist my fingers together and, since she knows me so well, she calls me out on it.

"What's wrong, kid?"

"There's a girl at school and she seems really nice and she's gorgeous but she said something that didn't sit well with me. Do I question her on it or do I wait for her to talk to me about it?"

"Leo, I love you, I do. But if you met her less than twenty four hours ago, maybe you should wait for a relationship to develop before you start asking her personal questions."

"Yeah, I thought that too."

"Come on, let's make some dinner before these lot start fighting." She tugs me off the couch and into the kitchen where all the women are. Thing is, if we don't cook at certain times in the day, the men get all rowdy and hangry which leads to violence and other stupid fights.

Lexie is cutting up the meat with a massive cleaver - this unsettles me greatly especially since Riley has been training her to fight for months now - Marielle is on veg and Cassidy is on carbs.

Yes, that is how they categorise each part of the meal.

Normally, Saviour and I are the ones who actually cook the prepared stuff just because we hate cutting up things, we'd rather burn them. "How was your first day back?" Lexie asks and I give a sarcastic smile.

"Oh yeah, it was great."

"He met a girl." Saviour divulges and I glare at her.

"Tell us everything." Lexie actually puts down her cleaver and heads over to us immediately. Marielle and Cassidy following suit. I tell them all I know and they look at me with big eyes and rapt attention. "She sounds lovely, darling."

"Yo, what are we cooking?" Riley asks as she strolls into the kitchen. She's an MI6 operative so gets called out on all sorts of random shit, she had to negotiate to stay in America with Boulder and their kid Toby. After she destroyed both the Vicca Crime Family, the French Underground and a terrorist organisation, they obviously let her. Her step-dad also runs MI6 so it's not like he would stop her.

"Nothing exciting, just chicken."

"So, anything good happen while I was gone?"

"Leo met a girl." Marielle tells her and I roll my eyes. It's really not that big of a deal.

"He meets girls everyday, he goes to a school full of them."

"Thank you!" I declare, at least one of them is sane enough for this, not that I'd ever say that out loud. 

Dinner goes by quickly, it doesn't take us long to cook and it definitely doesn't take thirty of us long to devour every last morsel. Good thing is, when you cook you don't have to clean up so all the women go to the pink room and I go out for a drive. I don't have any other duties to take care of tonight and I trained before school today so the evening is mine to do what I want with. I'll probably drive to pick up my guys and we'll hang out somewhere for a few hours.