Chapter Eight: Nova

This room is pretty. It has a whole wall of wardrobes, two fully built out vanities and a massive pink couch. However, it feels small when I'm surrounded by five gorgeous but incredibly intimidating women.

Lexie is in charge here, I remember Leo mentioning her. She's married to Bear and has a dainty look to her but is just as strong as the others. She has fiery red hair, a loving personality and walks with pride.

Saviour is Leo's mom, which makes her intimidating enough because I want her to like me but damn, she is so pretty. Golden hair, perfect body and intelligent eyes. Whoever she's married to is so lucky, I hope they know that.

Marielle is incredibly smart and I get a protective mama bear vibe off of her. She has an amazing sense of style and she has a soothing voice that makes you feel better.

Cassidy is soft spoken and a little shy but very welcoming of new people. She's pretty in that soft kind of way with long hair and doe like features, the sweetest one I'd figure.

Riley is striking with scars coating a lot of her exposed skin and a strong sense of confidence that I haven't seen before. She's a fighter and she has a brilliant sense of humour.

I feel like a potato in the middle of French fries.

"So, Leo and Gears have told us all about you. You're just how they described." Lexie starts, sitting on one of the vanity chairs facing me.

"Oh, thank you?" I say hesitantly, it's not like I know how they described me but I hope they said nice things.

"It wasn't anything bad, trust us. They are completely smitten with you, I can see why." Marielle reassures me and I smile with a soft blush. That's nice, I didn't think I was gonna make friends when I first got here but I guess I was wrong.

"Leo's probably worrying about her, we did just kidnap a minor." Riley says with a laugh and Lexie rolls her eyes.

"If the cops come we'll say Saviour did it, she's his mom so she'll get away with it."

"Hey! Don't snitch on me, we take this as a team. I'm not going down for all of you."

"Fuck off." Riley laughs even harder and leaves the room, still laughing. I figure that's my cue to leave and I head out to find Leo. As soon as he spots me, he's by my side and asking me if I'm alright.

"I'm fine, they're really nice and freakishly pretty." He just chuckles at me before looking around the rest of the room.

"They're watching every move we make." I nod when I see the same and he rolls his eyes, "nosey bastards." He whispers under his breath just as Louis and Mark reappear. "Thank fuck, let's get out of here."

He grabs my hand and hauls us out of there, the boys hot on our tail. "Yo, your uncle is awesome. He can shoot a target from fifteen-hundred metres, man. That's so cool." Mark exclaims from the backseat a few minutes into the drive.

"Right? His other uncle is awesome, dude, you should've seen the set up he has. He told me he can connect to satellites miles away and he's hacked the Pentagon before. Has he actually, Leo? Seriously?"

"I don't know, I'm not involved with the computers. I'm on grunt work."

"I saw your mom, too. Man, she's hot."

"Fuck off, Mark. Leave my mom alone and all the others too."

"You're so boring! Let me live my fantasies."

"Not with any of those women, man. Their husbands will kill you."

"I could take 'em."

"Good fucking luck."

-------

"Right, we are watching Saw first so that we can watch Back to the Future before bed so little Louis doesn't have nightmares." Mark ruffles Louis' hair as he takes a seat on my left.

Currently, we're in Mark's home cinema. I'm tucked into Leo's side with a heated blanket covering the both of us, Louis is sat on the recliner in front of us and the massive screen is playing the opening credits for a horror film called Saw.

"This is really scary by the way, Nova. Thought you should know." Mark warns me and I reassure him that I'll be fine. I've lived a horror film so this won't be too difficult.

Leo doesn't flinch much either but the other two boys jump a lot and Louis' screams were so high pitched that I had to hide in Leo's chest before he burst my poor eardrums. "How did you two not find that scary?"

"I mean it's not like the fuckers didn't deserve it." Leo shrugs and hands me his cup for me to drink out of. They ordered McDonald's to the house and we ordered drinks but I finished mine an hour ago. I found out that I like Coca Cola but I don't like Fanta, it's too sweet.

I just drink it without taking the cup, letting him hold it for me because my arms are warm underneath the covers and I don't want them to feel the cold air. He lets me do it, just tucks me in again when I shift back into the position I was in before.

"Okay, so mom has set up two guest rooms so you two are gonna have to share, though I don't think that will mean anything to you." Mark tells us after we finish the Back to the Future trilogy.

It's literally four in the morning but Mark said we couldn't go to sleep without watching all three of them and whenever my eyes drooped for more than two seconds, he woke me up again. Leo moves first and I whine as my body is exposed to the freezing cold air.

He lifts me gently and I wrap around him like a koala bear, he's warm and the air is cold. "The one on the right is yours, Martha took your bags up for you." Leo holds me effortlessly and carries me all the way to the bedroom, I'm almost lulled to sleep by the slow sway of his body.

"Don't you want to put your pyjamas on?" He asks me as I refuse to let go of him when we get to the room. I'm not exactly wearing comfy clothes but I'm so tired. "Floss, you're gonna regret it later."

"I know, you're just comfy." I force myself to slide off of him and he kisses my head when I pout at him. I pick up my bag and wander into the bathroom to wash my face and refresh my hair before changing into a pair of leggings and a loose long-sleeve top.

I check with Leo if I can come in just in case he's changing before crawling into the warm cotton bed. He drops in next to me with a groan, his back probably hurts from sitting in awkward positions for the last few hours.

I curl into his side with my head on his chest and his arms wrapped tightly around me.

I could sleep like this more often.