Chapter Twenty-Five: Leo Chance

I hate game days.

I hate class on game day. I hate people on game day. I hate the game on game day.

At the moment, I'm glaring at my locker that's decorated in the school colours. I'm so unbelievably glad that I'm not the captain of the team because his locker is even worse than mine. Still, almost every student claps my shoulder or wishes me luck or whatever, all of which I don't care for.

I haven't even seen Nova this morning so my irritation is mainly based on that. She left really early this morning to spend some time with Gears at the garage; he wanted help and she doesn't sleep properly without me so she figured it would be a good idea.

For her, maybe, I'm in a terrible mood.

"You look angry." Louis comments as soon as him and Mark appear at my locker. I really want to say a sarcastic comment right now but I doubt they'd appreciate it so I just give him a look. "Where's Nova?"

"I think that's one of the reasons he's so annoyed." They turn around to start looking through the corridors as if I haven't been doing the same thing since the second I got here. I'm acting like she turns up on time to anything, she's probably hidden somewhere in the school so she doesn't have to go to math.

"Hello, pretty lady." I can hear one of the idiots on the team from here and I flick my eyes over to him without thinking much about it. Until I realise who he's calling a pretty lady. The boys look scared as I stalk over there.

"Leo!" Nova cheers the second I'm close enough to hear her. Don't punch him, Leo, he probably doesn't know that she's spoken for.

"I'm tryna have a conversation with her, don't need you involved QB." Yeah, I'm convinced he doesn't know now with the way he's grabbing her arm and stroking her shoulder, he's biting his lip and she looks mighty uncomfortable.

"Umm, let me go... please." Her voice is a little shaky and she looks to me for help. I lash out, gripping his wrist tightly, he winces and glares at me.

"She asked you to let her go. That means you take your hands off my woman before I break them."

"I'm a senior, you're just a baby junior." He mocks so I put more pressure on his wrist as he sizes me up. We may be the same height but I'm a lot bigger than him width wise and he knows I can easily put him in the ground.

"Thank you for stating the obvious. I can do it too, look: I am a Rider, she is my Old Lady and you are a waste of space." I release his wrist and pull Nova after me as we head out to the tree so I can calm the fuck down before I resort to shooting something. The boys follow us as they usually do without being prompted.

I rest against the tree with a heavy breath. "Damn, that was cool. I've always hated that asshole." Mark punches me excitedly as he goes off on a rant to Louis about how much of a dick Callum is.

I don't agree with him on a lot of things but that is one of them, Callum has been tormenting the younger years since he was a sophomore.

"Saving me again, Mr Chance." Nova leans on my chest and plays with the buttons on my shirt like she always does. I've even gone as far as to always wear a shirt with any type of button on just so that she touches me more often, she never needs to find out about that though.

"Why didn't you just get him off yourself?" I find myself asking as I push her soft hair over her shoulder to fall down her back instead.

"My case worker said that I need to keep my transcripts clear of fights. I figure it's so they can't force me to move anywhere else. That and Callie was watching, I heard her saying that she likes Callum and I really don't want to give her anymore fuel to get rid of me. I promise I didn't want him touching me."