Chapter Twenty-Four: Nova

I've been kidnapped.

Okay, kidnapped is a strong word.

Leo has hidden me away from everyone else in his room while he paces in front of me. I'm sat on the edge of his bed, watching as he talks about everything that went down today.

I figure I should leave him be, let him freak himself out to the point where he lets me calm him down and then comfort him.

"You got shot, Nova. That's not something we can just breeze passed! You have a hole in your arm and a burn on your hand because of that asshole downstairs. Fucker deserves to get the same back. Asshole! Who the fuck tries to shoot his wife in the middle of the mall?"

"Why are you so worked up?" I manage to grab him in the midst of his mumbling and yank him towards me so I can actually look at him.

He kneels down between my legs and grips my face with coarse hands and a gentle stare.

"Because you're mine to look after, Nova. You've been hurt so many times and you've been here for all of a month."

"Leo..." He just shakes his head and I grab his wrists to try and ease some of his worry. "I have to look after you, too." I complain and he chuckles at me before he pulls me off the bed and settles me into his lap again. "I am okay, I promise."

His eyes drift down to the bandage on my arm before he gently turns my injured hand up to kiss my bandaged palm.

I hug him then, tightly and he sighs into my chest. "Never do that shit again." He pulls back to look me in the eye, gently brushing my cheek with the back of his hand.

"Is that an order, Rogue?" I tease and he rolls his eyes. "I can't help it, I know you hate it when I call you that."

"Nova, I'm going to do something and I want you to stop me when you feel uncomfortable, okay?"

I couldn't imagine ever feeling uncomfortable around him. When I'm here surrounded by him I feel safer than ever. I nod in agreement, trusting him completely, as he moves closer with his hand on the back of my head.

I think I know where this is going.

I slip my arms over his shoulders to wrap around him as his other hand cups my cheek, his thumb rubbing my bottom lip as he stares in fascination. Probably waiting for me to stop him.

"Are you gonna stop me?" He whispers, close enough for me to feel his breath on my lips.

"No." I smile seconds before he plants his lips on mine in a gentle kiss. I pull him tighter to me and he turns his head to kiss me deeper, making my body shiver in delight.

His hand caresses my jaw and neck as his lips make my brain all fuzzy.

He tastes sweet and smells of the cologne I chose for him this morning. I definitely chose the right one.

His tongue slips against mine in a slow dance, each of us taking control and giving it back. I don't know why we wasted so much time but I think it makes it better, the lead up made it so I could trust him with every fibre of my being.

I've been taught that sex and love is just a ruse to manipulate someone but with Leo, I know that's not true. He would never hurt me just like I would never hurt him.

I pull away when my chest starts to hurt from the lack of breathing. His smile is stunning as he looks at me with his big eyes, nothing but adoration in them.

"You know what this means, right?" He speaks first, after a long silence where we just stared at each other.

"What?"