- Chapter 7 - Coming Of Age: Kitana -

"You are passionate, Princess Kitana. But I am not Persuaded." "Queen Sheeva, haven't your people fared better under Kotal Kahn than Shao Kahn?" Kitana asked. "In some ways. But we can only guess which Kahn will prevail in this struggle. We gain no advantage, choosing sides now." "Princess!" Liu Kang said. "Liu Kang? Why are you here?" "Kotal Kahn has been captured by the Tarkatans. We must act quickly, before he is executed." "My people will not rally to a Kahn held in chains." Sheeva said.

"We have Earthrealm's support, your Highness. With yours, we can guarantee victory." "There is no path to victory without the Tarkatans. If they can be swayed to Kotal Kahn, it would be to our advantage to join him." "I will return, Queen Sheeva, with the Tarkatans at my side. Together we will march on Shao Kahn." Kitana said.
----------
Kotal was getting dragged into a cage, then he was thrown in there, which made him get up and look around where he was. The Tarkatans took Jade and brought her inside the War Camp. "What is it about Jade's blood that intruges you, Skarlet?" Shao Kahn asked. "Edenian blood is most sweet, your Exellency. It is also a rare commodity." Skarlet said.

The three, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Kitana were there, looking at the top of the War Kamp. "Where are they taking him?" "To the Koliseum, no doubt." "Then we attack now." "We'll never sway Baraka to Kotal's side by taking the offensive. We must turn Baraka first, then attack Shao Kahn tog ether." "The Tarkatans won't grant an audience. Their instinct will be to attack." Kung Lao said.

"Not to mention, Jade. At the first sign of trouble, they could kill her." "I have an idea." Kitana said.

"Who is in charge here?" A 'Tarkatan' said. Skarlet was taking Jade's blood and she said "Almost done. Then time to feast." The three then walked in, and Liu said "Our gift for Shao Kahn. We wish to join his fight against Kotal." "All those years, the Kahn's high and mighty daughter. Now brought low by common soldiers. Have you learned, finally, that you're no better than the rest of us?" Skarlet was going to touch her, but then Liu Kang said. "She is for Shao Kahn. We demand to see Baraka." "You won't be seeing anyone.... Liu Kang." "Nor arka! (Grab them!)" Skarlet said.

Skarlet left the room and Kitana chased after her. "You betrayed your father, Kitana!" "I was Shao Kahn's 'daughter' by conquest. He stole Edenia from its rightful ruler, the father I never knew." "Because your people, and your bloodline, were weak."
---------
"There is more to power than conquest, Skarlet." Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Jade were where Kitana was at. "As requested, zero casualties." "Jade, are you alright? We must find Baraka quickly to save Kotal." "Baraka won't join us. Kotal's hatw for the Tarkatans runs to deep. If I hadn't stopped him, Kotal would've executed them all." "Yes. Kotal has made his intentions plain." Baraka said.

"Baraka, please listen. No more Tarkatans need to die." "Kotal Kahn threatens all Tarkatans. In the New Era, Shao Kahn will rule."
----------
"Hear me, Baraka. I speak truth." The other three were fighting the Tarkatans and Kitana said "Jade, Liu Kang, Kung Lao. Stand down!" "Khut! Nar kombat trakka! (Hold! Cease your kombat!)" Baraka said in Tarkatan language. "Speak! You've earned the chance." "Shao Kahn has pitted Outworld's peoples against one another for millennia. And for what? The honor of dying in his wars?" "We must fight for each other, Baraka, not with each other." "Kotal wants us dead. He said as much to my face." "Aid us, and I'll make sure you sit at Kotal's table." "Which do you prefer, Baraka? To be Shao Kahn's slave? Or Kotal Kahn's trusted ally?"

"No one's ever made Tarkatans such an offer. But these are your words, not his." "Help me save Kotal Kahn. We'll ask him together." "He offers less, I'll slit his throat." "If he offers less, Baraka, ill help you."
-----------
"You suffered too long at this pretender's hands. But I've returned, and will save you from his madness!" Shao Kahn said. "Only I can rebuild the Empire. All realms  tremble before me!" "Outworld will again be conquerors, never the conquered." The big door banged loud and they knew who it was, Kitana and the others, saving Kotal from Shao Kahn.

"Where's this boldness been hiding, Kitana? Had you shown it before, I'd had have no need for Mileena." "My 'sister' was an unholy monster. Exactly like you, 'father'." The war began and I it was really great. "Ungrateful where. Born to privilege which you throw away." "Who are you to judge me?" "You have not known cold or hunger. If you had, you would value the gifts Shao Kahn gave you."
---------
"Be grateful you still breathe." Shao Kahn moved out of the way and Kotal went to him, shoving sand into his eyes. He picked him up and slammed him against the wall. The two Kahn's then bumped heads, which made him let go of him and he picked Kotal up instead. Sooner or later, Shao Kahn broke his spine and picked him up. "Kotal!" Jade yelled. Shao Kahn was about to kill him but Kitana sliced his chest, making him stop.

"Surrender or face the consequences." Kitana said. "Surrender, on the blink of victory? You're feeble-minded as Jerrod." "King Jerrod. The father you stole and murdered from me from--" "I wanted Jarrod's wife, not his heir. I kept you only to appease your Mother." "Do not expect mercy this time."
------------
"I'll not inherit your cruelty." Kitana said. She then kicked his face and he layed there, her fan blades opened when he took off his face piece. She sliced his face off and Kung Lao Said "She did it." "Of course she did." Jade was helping out Kotal to see if he was okay, and she put her hand onto his chest, promising him that she will be by his side. Even with a hardened heart....

"It is over, Kotal Kahn. The throne is secure." "Thank you. Baraka, Sheeva...." He said, while Baraka and Sheeva was there in front of him. "I have not served your peoples well. Yet still you aided me. I will not forget." "We don't need charity. We will share Outworld's rule." "That is up to her now." Kotal pointed at Kitana, and she was confused but then Kotal said "The throne is yours. You have reunited Outworld, Kitana Kahn."

"She's now officially out of your league." Kung Lao said to Liu Kang. "I am humbled, Kotal. From this day on, may all our people fight together as one." Everyone in the arena was cheering and also was excited.