Chapter 7: "Looking For a Way to Escape"

Tari stops looking for a car and goes to Luigi.

Tari: *Enters as the driver* Great Luigi! Now we have to find Mario and Megs!.

Luigi also enters the car but as a passenger in the back. Tari drives towards the back of the hotel while Luigi prepares a second distraction. When they arrive at the corresponding place, Luigi throws with all her might a blinding grenade (which she had stored in an emergency in the previous car but brought it with her) to the front of the three-story hotel.

Luigi: *Yells with all her might* Guys!!!! "Dazzle"!!!.

When the blinding grenade blinded all the policemen.

Meggy: Red!! Let's go!!.

Mario: *Blinded* Fuck!!! Mario doesn't see fucking shit!!!.

Meggy grabs Mario by the arm, they run towards the back of the hotel carefully because the policemen are shooting like crazy and they get into the car where Luigi was waiting for them with the door open.

Luigi: Come on! Come on!!.

Mario and Meggy rush in as Tari starts the car at full speed but the police are still chasing them.

Tari: *Scared* Are you okay? Guys.

Meggy: *She goes to the front seats of the car* More or less but we are fine.

Tari: *Shocked* Meggy!?.

Meggy: *Confused* What?.

Tari: *Rips part of the long sleeves of her black sweater and offers them to Meggy* Take and put them on bandages that are bleeding!!.

Meggy: *Notices she's bleeding because she was shot in the shoulder* Wow, so this was what was bothering me?.

Tari: *Go to the back and see that Mario is already fine* Mario!! Luigi!!.

Mario: What the hell is wrong? Tari.

Tari: Mario, take the wheel and drive. Luigi sit in the front seats so she can move me and Meggy into the back seats.

Everyone moves around in the car and sits comfortably.

Meggy: *Hurt and bleeding* Tari, I didn't have to do all this.

Tari: *Very angry and with an obvious look* You're bleeding to death, and that's what you tell me? *Puts her hands on Meggy's cheeks and makes a puppy face* I'm very worried about you... And so I want to help you.

Meggy quickly falls into Tari's trap.

Meggy: *Blushing* O-Ok, I-I need you to help me with the wound.

Tari: *She is happy and downloads tutorials through her cybernetic arm that can help her* You are very easy to convince, Meggy.

Meggy: *Confused* Huh?.

Tari takes a good look at the wound on Meggy's right shoulder, noting that it is a gunshot wound from the shooting they caused when they escaped to the car but the good news is that the bullet only grazed her.

Tari: *Grabs bandages, alcohol and cotton that Luigi had* You were lucky that the bullet only grazed you.

Meggy: *Looks away* That's why I told you not to worry, Tari.

Tari: *Disinfected Meggy's wound* Yes, but remember that if you lose a lot of blood you can become anemic.

Meggy: *Confused* Anemic?.

Tari: Don't you know what is anemic?.

Luigi: *Sighs* Tari, Meggy was born an Inkling but a year or two ago, she turned human by accident.

Meggy: *Recalls the past and looks down* Yes... That's right...

Tari: *Notices and grabs Tari's hand* Sorry for asking.

Meggy: *Uncomfortable Smile* I-It's nothing, Tari.

Tari: *Wipe the blood and then with the sleeves of the torn sweater, bandage the wound with a lot of pressure* Meggy-

Before Tari could say the rest of the sentence, the police get tired, start shooting the car as best they can and hit the rear windshield but did not hit anyone.

Mario: *Driving* Shit!!! Mario can't lose sight of those bastards!!.

Meggy: *Crouched like Tari* Do we have weapons or do we still have ammunition!?.

Luigi: No!! Unfortunately we spent all the ammunition!!.

Tari: *Thinking quickly* Mario!!.

Mario: What!? Fuck!!.

Tari: *Gets up, stands next to Mario's post and points out* We have to go over the bridge ramp!!.

They all see only one and only exit... The path of the bridge that was just opening.

Mario: Are you crazy?!!.

Tari: *Scared* No!! But it is our only way out.

Mario obeys, crosses the bridge that rises quickly and when they are in mid-air, the car falls into the water...

To be continued...

I hope you liked it✌...